What do you do when you see rubbish on the street?
- Band 8 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Photographs
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic with Band 9 Sample – Topic: Social Network
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic with Model Answer – Topic: Driving
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Island with Sample Answers
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 with Band 8 Sample – Topic: Maths
Pick it up. If I can find a garbage can or recycling bin, I’ll take it there. If I can’t, I’ll carry it with me until I can dispose of it at my house. I know it’s yucky (disgusting) to carry it around, but it’s worth it.
Do you think it’s important to keep the city clean?
Very! Our future generation relies on what we do to take care of our planet in the present. Furthermore, I believe we all have a social responsibility to do what we can to keep it as clean as possible. It is negative to our health, as well as how it looks aesthetically (appealing to beauty) to have a dirty city.
Do you think your city is clean or not?
It’s a crying shame but the city I’m living in is not clean and tidy as it should be. Trash is strewn all over the place, from used water bottles, candy wrappers and so on. I guess it’s high time people became/should become more environmentally conscious
Have you ever done anything to help the environment?
I could definitely do more! However, I think that small actions do count. I always carry my trash home with me to throw away if there isn’t a public garbage bin available. I would feel so guilty blatantly littering! Moreover, I choose to ride my bicycle or walk when transportation isn’t needed. Lastly, I opt (choose) to not get a plastic bag when they are unnecessary in stores.
Do you recycle things like paper and plastic?
Always. First, I separate the garbage in my house into paper, plastic, glass, etc then take it to the recycling bin which is available in my condominium complex. Along with this, I reuse plastic as often as possible.
Would you like to help other people to keep your town or city tidy?
Absolutely! I love to take part in city clean-up activities. It would be my dream to start my own NGO, so I’m even thinking about creating one with an environmental cause. Apart from this, I’m a teacher, so I always integrate environmental topics into my classes.
Do you think schools should educate children to protect the environment?
Of course! Education is a very powerful tool to change the world. We have to educate them on even the simple steps they can take to create a more sustainable future, as well as let them know the risks we face. Moreover, we have to show them the significance of it all.
Latest posts by (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (Sep 2019 – April 2020) & Sample Answers - August 20, 2019
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- Cambridge IELTS Series (1 – 14) for Academic and General Training Modules - April 22, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
- 101 IELTS Reading Past Papers With Answers - January 23, 2019
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) with Model Answers - December 25, 2018
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio [Latest Update] - December 21, 2018
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - December 20, 2018
- HIGH SCORING IELTS SPEAKING MODEL ANSWERS WITH AUDIO (BASED ON PAST PAPERS) - October 25, 2018
- IELTS Speaking Actual Tests (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - September 22, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topics in 2019 & Sample Answers - September 11, 2017
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Questions (2013 – 2018) & Model Answers - July 19, 2017
- IELTS Magazine – Week 1 (PDF) - May 20, 2017
- Useful IELTS Reading Websites & Resources for both Academic & General Training Module - April 28, 2017
- IELTS Writing Recent Actual Tests in 2018 & Band 8.0+ Sample Answers (Updating) - February 26, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Lessons - February 21, 2017
- Advanced Vocabulary List for IELTS - January 24, 2017
- 42 Topics for IELTS Speaking Part 1 and Suggested Answers (PDF) - April 14, 2016
- IELTS Target Band 7: How to Maximize Your Score (Ebook) - March 29, 2016
- Ace the IELTS: IELTS General Module – How to Maximize Your Score (3rd edition) - October 10, 2015
- IELTS Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you spent a lot of money on something - September 20, 2019
- Band 8 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Photographs - September 20, 2019
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 with Band 9 Model Answer – Topic: Rubbish/ Garbage - September 13, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!