New IELTS Speaking Part 1 with Band 9 Model Answer – Topic : Rubbish/ Plastic Garbage
- 1 1. What do you do when you see rubbish on the street?
- 2 2. Do you think it’s important to keep the city clean?
- 3 3. Do you think your city is clean or not?
- 4 4. Are you a tidy person?
- 5 5. Have you ever done anything to help the environment?
- 6 6. Do you recycle things like paper and plastic?
- 7 7. Would you like to help other people to keep your town or city tidy?
- 8 8. Do you think schools should educate children to protect the environment?
- 9 Related Posts:
1. What do you do when you see rubbish on the street?
Pick it up. If I can find a garbage can or recycling bin, I’ll take it there. If I can’t, I’ll carry it with me until I can dispose of it at my house. I know it’s yucky (disgusting) to carry it around, but it’s worth it.
2. Do you think it’s important to keep the city clean?
Very! Our future generation relies on what we do to take care of our planet in the present. Furthermore, I believe we all have a social responsibility to do what we can to keep it as clean as possible. It is negative to our health, as well as how it looks aesthetically (appealing to beauty) to have a dirty city.
3. Do you think your city is clean or not?
It’s a crying shame but the city I’m living in is not clean and tidy as it should be. Trash is strewn all over the place, from used water bottles, candy wrappers and so on. I guess it’s high time people became/should become more environmentally conscious.
4. Are you a tidy person?
Oh my God, yes! I can’t stand untidiness and dirt. My room has to be spotless. All my belongings have to be organized by colour or by purpose. I won’t have peace of mind until I clean and organize every single square inch of my room.
5. Have you ever done anything to help the environment?
I could definitely do more! However, I think that small actions do count. I always carry my trash home with me to throw away if there isn’t a public garbage bin available. I would feel so guilty blatantly littering! Moreover, I choose to ride my bicycle or walk when transportation isn’t needed. Lastly, I opt (choose) to not get a plastic bag when they are unnecessary in stores.
6. Do you recycle things like paper and plastic?
Always. First, I separate the garbage in my house into paper, plastic, glass, etc then take it to the recycling bin which is available in my condominium complex. Along with this, I reuse plastic as often as possible.
7. Would you like to help other people to keep your town or city tidy?
Absolutely! I love to take part in city clean-up activities. It would be my dream to start my own NGO, so I’m even thinking about creating one with an environmental cause. Apart from this, I’m a teacher, so I always integrate environmental topics into my classes.
8. Do you think schools should educate children to protect the environment?
Of course! Education is a very powerful tool to change the world. We have to educate them on even the simple steps they can take to create a more sustainable future, as well as let them know the risks we face. Moreover, we have to show them the significance of it all.