Notorious – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking And Writing
Notorious: (Adjective) /noʊˈtɔːriəs/
- Improve Your Vocabulary in IELTS Speaking & Writing – Key Word: Thing
- Boost Your Lexical Resource – Key Word: Rule
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: promise
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: Belief
- Boost Your IELTS Score with Collocations – Key Word: report
famous or well known for something bad
Infamous, Blatant, Flagrant
With noun: notorious case/ example
For IELTS Speaking:.
“The most notorious case concerns the 1,600 names on 31 Outhwaite syndicates.”
“The most notorious example in Julius Caesar was the scenes where Brutus reacts to the death of his wife Portia.”
“The judgments in notorious cases which had decided that there could be unfettered administrative discretion were repudiated.”
For IELTS Writing:
“The Richmond case joins other notorious incidents of child-against-child violence in recent years.”
Match the word below to complete these sentences.
obnoxious, virtuous, canopy, oblivious, notorious, extracted
- He ate on, ………………… to the storms he was stirring into the air around him.
- I have been in restaurants where the human customers have been loud, rude and …………………
- The crash happened at a ………………………… accident blackspot.
- The story repeats the theme of the unfaithful husband and ……………… wife.
- Glasses and ceramics …………….. from the regolith may be used as structural materials, paving blocks, or windows.
- It was cool under the ………….. and there was less light than Rostov had expected.
Check out Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking & Writing on IELTS Material website to improve your vocabulary for IELTS and get a high score in IELTS.
Latest posts by Huy Quoc (see all)
- English Collocations in Use – Intermediate (Ebook) - May 26, 2017
- Fall From Grace – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 7, 2017
- Stir Up A Hornet’s Nest – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 5, 2017
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!