IELTS Speaking Part 2
Describe a trip that you plan to go in the near future.
- IELTS Reading Recent Actual Test 23 in 2018 with Answer Key
- Recent IELTS Speaking Exam in Saudi Arabia – Feb 2019 with Band 9 Model Answers
- Recent IELTS Speaking Exam in Peru – Feb 2019 with Band 9 Model Answers
- IELTS Speaking Actual Test in Canada – Feb 2019 & Band 9 Model Answers
- IELTS Speaking Exam in Canada – Jan 2019 & Band 9 Model Answers with Audio
You should say:
Where this place is
Who you would like to go with
What would you do there
Explain why you would like to go there
I am planning on traveling to Hoi An, Da Nang, and Hue next month. My sister is coming to visit me in Hanoi, so I would like to travel there with her.
Hoi An and Da Nang are quite near each other, located on the central coast of Vietnam. Hue is located near these cities as well, about 3 hours away by bus. In Hoi An, I want to enjoy the old town charm and mix of cultures, such as hints of Chinese and Japanese architecture. I would also like to have some clothes tailored and simply relax and enjoy the peace and quiet, opposed to the hustle and bustle of Hanoi. In Da Nang, I would also like to relax and enjoy the beautiful crystal clear beaches with my sister by my side. In Hue, I want to see the imperial architecture. I can imagine that seeing these structures will take me back in time and leave me in awe of the amazing things that humans have created. I am also keen on trying the local foods in Hue that are well-known around Vietnam, such as their beef noodles.
I really want to visit all 3 of these cities to better understand Vietnam’s rich culture and to see a different region. I hope that I will have new perspectives after this trip!
IELTS Speaking Part 3:
What is the importance of travelling?
I think traveling is crucial to be able to gain an understanding of the world around us. As we see different ways of life, near or far from our homes, we begin to have new perspectives and can begin to deeply question our own ways of life. Furthermore, I don’t think ignorance is bliss, so it is important to be exposed to poor conditions around the world to then realize all of the things we take for granted on a daily basis, such as air conditioning, running water, a comfortable bed to sleep in, etc. On a lighter note, we all need to escape our daily routine and enjoy a change of scenery from time to time!
What type of places do you recommend people to visit on vacation?
I think this is a tough question, because it depends on the individual’s preferences. If I were to make some recommendations to those visiting Hanoi, I would say that they should visit Ninh Binh, Sapa, Halong Bay, and perhaps Ha Giang to the more adventurous souls. I think these places would be fascinating to tourists because they demonstrate the unique natural beauty particular to this part of the world. In my opinion, nature leaves people more mind-blown than man-made structures. It reminds us how small we are on this vast planet! The limestone mountains and whimsical rice terraces of Northern Vietnam will leave travelers in awe.
Do people in your country prefer to travel by car or by train?
The majority of people in my country travel by motorbike on a daily basis, due to the lower cost and convenience. However, if they had the choice, I believe people would rather travel by train than car because the roaring traffic and windy mountainous roads are challenging to drive on. Furthermore, the trains in Vietnam are fast, efficient, and affordable. For example, they can enjoy more time in a particular place due to the reduction in travel time by train! I think all people enjoy a break from the hustle of bustle of the roads in Vietnam.
What are the advantages of travelling with a group of people?
Although I prefer to travel alone or in a small group, I can see some benefits of traveling in a group. Firstly, I see that many people organize a large travel group because they can get a special package deal. I can see how this is quite attractive! Furthermore, if you don’t speak the local language, I’m sure it’s comforting to have a group of those who speak your mother tongue surrounding you. If you were to get lost, there are more brains to help find the way on your own if you cannot ask a local person. Moreover, perhaps the more the merrier! You have more people to share this incredible, new experience with.
Should young people travel abroad?
I definitely agree that young people should travel abroad. I believe that young minds are more open to new ideas, so they can use the things they learn to greatly benefit them later on in life. Furthermore, young people learn languages more quickly than older people, so they may be able to pick up on the local language faster. If young people visit a poorer country, they can realize all the things they take for granted and begin to live their lives more appreciatively. Lastly, it adds color to life to know and love people from many different countries. It would be even better to start this at a young age!
Are international trips popular with people in your country?
International trips are becoming more popular in my country, as Vietnam is rapidly developing. In the past, many Vietnamese were not able to travel abroad due to economical problems. However, now that more businesses are on the rise in Vietnam, some business people are able to travel abroad. Furthermore, more students are having the opportunity to study abroad as languages are becoming more popular to learn, especially English. I’m sure now that many native English teachers are coming to Vietnam to teach us, it will open more opportunities for us to go abroad in the future!
What do you consider when you take a trip?
Unfortunately, the first thing I have to consider before taking a trip is the price. As a young person, I do not have as many savings as those who have been in their career for years, or even retired. I have to consider the airfare price, hotel price, the exchange rate, and cost of living in that country. Secondly, I must think about the safety of that country, especially if I’m going to travel as a alone woman. It is also important to think about what there is to see in that city or country before I go. After all, who wants to spend time and money visiting a place without fascinating tourist attractions?
Latest posts by (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (Sep 2019 – April 2020) & Sample Answers - August 20, 2019
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- Cambridge IELTS Series (1 – 14) for Academic and General Training Modules - April 22, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
- 101 IELTS Reading Past Papers With Answers - January 23, 2019
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) with Model Answers - December 25, 2018
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio [Latest Update] - December 21, 2018
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - December 20, 2018
- HIGH SCORING IELTS SPEAKING MODEL ANSWERS WITH AUDIO (BASED ON PAST PAPERS) - October 25, 2018
- IELTS Speaking Actual Tests (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - September 22, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topics in 2019 & Sample Answers - September 11, 2017
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Questions (2013 – 2018) & Model Answers - July 19, 2017
- IELTS Magazine – Week 1 (PDF) - May 20, 2017
- Useful IELTS Reading Websites & Resources for both Academic & General Training Module - April 28, 2017
- IELTS Writing Recent Actual Tests in 2018 & Band 8.0+ Sample Answers (Updating) - February 26, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Lessons - February 21, 2017
- Advanced Vocabulary List for IELTS - January 24, 2017
- 42 Topics for IELTS Speaking Part 1 and Suggested Answers (PDF) - April 14, 2016
- IELTS Target Band 7: How to Maximize Your Score (Ebook) - March 29, 2016
- Ace the IELTS: IELTS General Module – How to Maximize Your Score (3rd edition) - October 10, 2015
- IELTS Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you spent a lot of money on something - September 20, 2019
- Band 8 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Photographs - September 20, 2019
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 with Band 9 Model Answer – Topic: Rubbish/ Garbage - September 13, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!