Practicing for speaking tests may be really tricky because you know that you have to practice but you do not know with whom or how to take up the practice test. It is very important to take up the speaking practice test before you attend the actual test so that you get your desired score in the speaking test.
- 1 Practice IELTS Speaking Practice Test on your own
- 2 IELTS Speaking Practice with other students
- 3 IELTS Speaking Practice through Expert Coaching
- 4 Points to be kept in mind while practicing IELTS Speaking
- 5 IELTS Speaking Practice Test Topics
Practice IELTS Speaking Practice Test on your own
You do not always need a partner to practice the speaking test, you can do it by yourself too. Here are some steps you can follow in order to practice the speaking test on your own:
- You need to properly understand the format of the speaking test properly.
- There are 2 categories in the IELTS speaking test like IELTS Academic Speaking Test and IELTS General Training Speaking Test.
- The IELTS Reading test, IELTS Writing test, and IELTS Listening test are held on the same day and the IELTS speaking test will be held one week before or after the three tests.
- You need to understand how scoring is done in the IELTS examination.
- You must know how to evaluate the practice test given. The scoring should be done the same as the actual test. So that you can get an idea of how the scoring is done.
- The scoring of the IELTS Speaking practice test must also be done based on the 4 criteria that are there. That is Fluency, Lexical Resource, Grammatical range, and Pronunciation.
- You must try to find out the practice tests which are related to the actual tests that will take place.
- For this, you can go through various IELTS materials.
- Also, take up different sample tests available so that you can get an idea like actually the IELTS test appears.
- Record your Speaking
- While practicing for the speaking test you can record whatever your speaking based on a particular topic.
- You can use the same topic which is previously appeared in the IELTS exam or else you can also take up a unique topic to speak
- Evaluate your Speaking
- Once your done recording your speaking you can listen back to the recording and find out the mistakes that you have done.
- Once you find out the mistakes, work on overcoming those mistakes. So that you do not repeat those mistakes during your actual IELTS Speaking test.
IELTS Speaking Practice with other students
Earlier it was very difficult to find a speaking partner in order to practice for a speaking test, but now as the internet is used by many of the people worldwide you can easily get a partner on Facebook groups or any other online groups
Things to be kept in mind before joining the Facebook group
- Find out whether the group is genuine and run by IELTS experts.
- You need to find whether the group is fake or spam
- The people who are in the group are genuine or not?
You can put in the group that you need a partner to practice the IELTS speaking test with someone who is an expert. You should also state the following things:
- Your IELTS test date
- The timing at which you are free for practice
- Your IELTS test level
- Any other preference if you have
You have to be very careful while approaching a person on Facebook because most of the time the people will claim that they are students who are willing to take the practice test but actually they will be teachers who want to take a lesson with you instead of practicing the speaking test.
When you type IELTS on Facebook there will be a lot of books but most of them will be fake or spam so you must be extremely careful.
IELTS Speaking Practice through Expert Coaching
Some of the things you should keep in mind while taking IELTS Speaking practice through an expert:
- One of the most effective ways to practice IELTS Speaking is to take coaching from the expert. He/she should have been an IELTS examiner or an IELTS teacher previously or currently working as the same.
- The IELTS expert must have the experience of an examiner as well the testimonials of the students who have already taken IELTS coaching from him/her and has given good reviews
- Again here you need to be very careful because a lot of people claim that they are IELTS experts or examiners. You need to find out whether they are actually the examiners or the experts. Do not fear to ask about their experience because if the person is genuine then he will not think twice to explain to you about his/her experience.
- If you take the expert coaching you will get to know on which part of your speaking you need to work more. Because the expert will be able to pinpoint your weakness exactly.
Points to be kept in mind while practicing IELTS Speaking
There are a few points which can be highly focused while practicing for IELTS speaking test
You cannot predict what kind of questions may appear in the IELTS test. But you know that IELTS is about testing your English language proficiency. So grammar can be a major thing in testing your English language. The questions will be mainly on the past, present or future or comparatives, superlatives. Opinion based and so on. So while practicing you should mainly focus on grammar.
Practicing for the test based on the actual structure will make you easier to score well in the real IELTS test. As you follow the same structure, it will be easy for you to manage the time during the IELTS actual test. Because you have taken the practice test with all the rules and regulations which have to be followed during the actual test.
IELTS speaking test is not about knowledge, it is about how fluently you can speak in English. Fluency is when you can speak the English language quickly without any effort
Your fluency is tested when you do not give a long pause, do not hesitate while speaking and speak at one stretch. You have to practice a lot in order to speak fluently, you can use the sample questions or take up the practice test to speak English fluently.
You can also get an extra score in the IELTS speaking test if your pronunciation of some difficult words is exact. Because the pronunciation of some words also plays an important role in English language proficiency. It is important that the examiner understands whatever you pronounce during the test in order to give you the proper marks for your speaking. You can also use some higher-level words if you want to get a good IELTS Speaking band score.
The examiner will look for the vocabulary of certain words when you speak on a topic. So it is advisable for the test taker to work on the vocabulary as well while practicing for the IELTS speaking test. There will be some situations where you remember a certain word in the native language but not in the English Language this may be because of a lack of vocabulary that you possess. In order to overcome this, you can record yourself and find out what kind of words you are not able to say while speaking on a particular topic and focus more on that to improve it.
Knowing your Mistakes :
Most of the people are not even aware of the mistakes that they do while speaking. The mistakes may be regarding vocabulary, grammar, pronunciation and also any other mistakes. In order to overcome these kinds of mistakes, you can take up IELTS practice tests, record your performance, know your mistakes and then try to overcome those mistakes.
IELTS Speaking Practice Test Topics
Here is the list of IELTS Speaking Practice test topics.
- Practice Test 01 Topic: Meal
- Practice Test 02 Topic: A Goal You Want To Achieve
- Practice Test 03 Topic: A Film
- Practice Test 04 Topic: Money and Society
- Practice Test 05 Topic: An Outdoor Activity
- Practice Test 06 Topic: A Walk
- Practice Test 07 Topic: Sporting Events
- Practice Test 08 Topic: Foreign Cultures
- Practice Test 09 Topic: Clothing and Fashion
- Practice Test 10 Topic: Wild Animals
- Practice Test 11 Topic: Electrical Appliances
- Practice Test 12 Topic: An Important Letter
- Practice Test 13 Topic: Books
- Practice Test 14 Topic: Furniture
- Practice Test 15 Topic: Advertisements
- Practice Test 16 Topic: A childhood present
- Practice Test 17 Topic: New Reports
- Practice Test 18 Topic: Public Events
- Practice Test 19 Topic: Life-changing Moments
- Practice Test 2 in 2019 & Model Answers
- Practice Test 20 Topic: English Class Activities
- Practice Test 1 in 2019 with Model Answers
- Practice Test 21 Topic: Advice
- Practice Test 22 Topic: An Unsatisfactory Purchase
- Practice Test 23 Topic: Exhibitions
- Practice Test 24 Topic: Being Late
- Practice Test 25 Topic: A Time When You Help Someone
- Practice Test 26 Topic: Busy Days
- Practice Test 27 Topic: Practical Skills
- Practice Test 28 Topic: To Start A Small Business
- Practice Test 29 Topic: A Large Sum Of Money
- Practice Test 3 in 2019 & Model Answers
- Practice Test 30 Topic: Weather/ Climate
- Practice Test 31 & Sample Answers
- Practice Test 32 & Sample Answers
- Practice Test 33 & Sample Answers
- Practice Test 34 & Band 8+ Sample Answers
- Practice Test 35 & Band 8+ Sample Answers
- Practice Test 36 & Band 8.0+ Sample Answers
- Practice Test 37 & Band 8.0+ Sample Answers
- Practice Test 38 & Band 8.0+ Sample Answers
- Practice Test 39 & Band 8.0 Sample Answers
- Practice Test 4 in 2019 & Model Answers
- Practice Test 40 & Band 8.0 Sample Answers
- Practice Test 41 & Band 8.0 Sample Answers
- Practice Test 42 & Band 8.0 Sample Answers