IELTS Speaking Practice Test
- 1 What to expect in an IELTS speaking test ?
- 2 How to practise IELTS speaking on your own?
- 3 IELTS Speaking Practice with other students online
- 4 IELTS Speaking Practice through Expert Coaching
- 5 Points to be kept in mind while practising IELTS Speaking
- 6 IELTS Speaking Practice Test Topics
- 7 Our ebook
- 8 FAQs
- 8.1 How to practice for the speaking test on my own?
- 8.2 How to find a speaking partner in facebook for practice?
- 8.3 What are the things to be borne in mind when practicing with an IELTS expert?
- 8.4 What are the benefits of practicing through an IELTS expert?
- 8.5 Will the speaking test be held along with Listening, Reading and Writing tests?
- 8.6 Related Posts:
It is very important to take up the speaking practice test before you attend the actual test so that you get your desired score in the speaking test.
What to expect in an IELTS speaking test ?
IELTS speaking module is divided into three parts. They are:
IELTS speaking part 1 : Part 1 will begin with the examiner introducing herself/himself which will be followed by verification of identity. Then there will be some questions on topics such as home, work, study etc. It will last for 4 – 5 minutes.
IELTS speaking part 2: You will be given a cue card or task card. You will be given 1 minute to prepare for it. You will asked to speak on the topic until the examiner asks you to stop. You can find various speaking part 2 questions or cue cards with answers here.
IELTS speaking part 3 : These are follow up questions from part 2 .
How to practise IELTS speaking on your own?
You do not always need a partner for IELTS speaking practice, you can do it by yourself too. Here are some steps you can follow in order to practice IELTS speaking test on your own:
- You need to understand the format of the speaking test properly.
- The IELTS Reading test, IELTS Writing test, and IELTS Listening test are held on the same day and the IELTS speaking test will be held one week before or after the three tests.
- You need to understand how you are evaluated in the actual IELTS speaking test.
- You must do a self-evaluation on the practice test given.
- The evaluation of the IELTS Speaking practice test must be done based on the following 4 criteria: Fluency, Lexical Resource, Grammatical range, and Pronunciation.
- You must try to find out the practice tests which are similar to the actual tests. For this, you can go through various IELTS speaking materials.
- There are a number of IELTS speaking test samples available online. Do, give them a try, so that you can get a fair idea of the actual IELTS test.
- Record while you practice speaking.
- You can use the same topic which had appeared in the previous IELTS exam.
- Evaluate your Speaking
- Once you finish recording, you can listen to it and find out the mistakes that you have made.
- Once you find out the mistakes, try to overcome those mistakes, so that you do not repeat them during your actual IELTS Speaking test.
- You can use contractions while speaking, as this is the way native speakers talk.
Also check :
- IELTS Speaking preparation tips
- Linking words for IELTS Speaking
- IELTS Speaking recent actual test
- Sports Vocabulary IELTS
- Work Vocabulary IELTS
- Idioms for IELTS Speaking
- IELTS Pronunciation Guide
- Common English words in IELTS Speaking
- Ough words
Some of the contractions in the English Language
IELTS Speaking Practice with other students online
Earlier it was very difficult to find a IELTS speaking partner, but now as the internet is being used by people worldwide, you can easily get a partner from Facebook groups or other online groups available.
Things to be kept in mind before joining the Facebook group
- Find out whether the group is genuine and run by IELTS experts.
- You need to find whether the group is fake or spam.
You can post that you need to practice the IELTS speaking test with someone who is an expert. You should also state the following things:
- Your IELTS test date
- The time at which you are available for practice
- Your IELTS test level
- Any other preference if you have
You have to be very careful while approaching a person on Facebook because most of the time the people will claim that they are students who are willing to take the practice test but will be fake.
When you type IELTS on Facebook there will be a lot of books but most of them will be fake or spam. So you must be extremely careful.
IELTS Speaking Practice through Expert Coaching
Some of the things you should keep in mind while taking IELTS Speaking practice through an expert:
- One of the most effective ways to practice IELTS Speaking is to take coaching from an expert. He/she should have been an IELTS examiner or an IELTS teacher previously or currently working as the same.
- The IELTS expert must have the experience of an examiner and have the testimonials from the students who have already taken IELTS coaching from him/her.
- You also need to be very careful because a lot of people claim that they are IELTS experts or examiners. Do not hesitate to enquire about their experience.
- If you take the coaching from an expert you will get to know on which aspect of your speaking needs homework.
Points to be kept in mind while practising IELTS Speaking
There are a few points that can be highly focused on while practicing for the IELTS speaking test
Grammar can be a major component during evaluation. The questions will be mainly on the past, present or future or comparatives, superlatives, opinion based and so on. So you should mainly focus on grammar while practicing.
Practicing for the test based on the actual structure will make it easier to score well in the actual IELTS test. It will be easy for you to manage the time during the actual test because you have taken the practice test with all the rules and regulations.
IELTS speaking test is not about knowledge, it is about fluency. You should be able to speak spontaneously without any effort.
Your fluency is high when you do not give long pauses. You have to practice a lot in order to speak fluently. You can use the sample questions or take up the practice test to speak English fluently.
You can also get an extra score in the IELTS speaking test if your pronunciation of some difficult words is accurate. It is important that the examiner understands your pronunciation so that he/she awards high marks for your speaking. You can also use some higher-level words if you want to get a good IELTS Speaking band score.
The examiner will look for good vocabulary when you speak on a topic. So it is advisable for the test taker to work on the vocabulary as well while practicing for the IELTS speaking test. Sometimes you may be at a loss of words when you speak. In order to overcome this, you can record what you speak and find out where you struggle while speaking on a particular topic and then focus more to improve it.
Knowing your Mistakes
Most of the people are not aware of the mistakes that they do while speaking. The mistakes may mainly be on vocabulary, grammar, pronunciation. In order to overcome these kinds of mistakes, you can take up IELTS practice tests, record your performance, know your mistakes and then try to overcome those mistakes.
IELTS Speaking Practice Test Topics
Here is the list of IELTS Speaking Practice test questions:
- Practice Test 01 Topic: Meal
- Practice Test 02 Topic: A Goal You Want To Achieve
- Practice Test 03 Topic: A Film
- Practice Test 04 Topic: Money and Society
- Practice Test 05 Topic: An Outdoor Activity
- Practice Test 06 Topic: A Walk
- Practice Test 07 Topic: Sporting Events
- Practice Test 08 Topic: Foreign Cultures
- Practice Test 09 Topic: Clothing and Fashion
- Practice Test 10 Topic: Wild Animals
- Practice Test 11 Topic: Electrical Appliances
- Practice Test 12 Topic: An Important Letter
- Practice Test 13 Topic: Books
- Practice Test 14 Topic: Furniture
- Practice Test 15 Topic: Advertisements
- Practice Test 16 Topic: A childhood present
- Practice Test 17 Topic: New Reports
- Practice Test 18 Topic: Public Events
- Practice Test 19 Topic: Life-changing Moments
- Practice Test 2 in 2019 & Model Answers
- Practice Test 20 Topic: English Class Activities
- Practice Test 1 in 2019 with Model Answers
- Practice Test 21 Topic: Advice
- Practice Test 22 Topic: An Unsatisfactory Purchase
- Practice Test 23 Topic: Exhibitions
- Practice Test 24 Topic: Being Late
- Practice Test 25 Topic: A Time When You Help Someone
- Practice Test 26 Topic: Busy Days
- Practice Test 27 Topic: Practical Skills
- Practice Test 28 Topic: To Start A Small Business
- Practice Test 29 Topic: A Large Sum Of Money
- Practice Test 3 in 2019 & Model Answers
- Practice Test 30 Topic: Weather/ Climate
- Practice Test 31 & Sample Answers
- Practice Test 32 & Sample Answers
- Practice Test 33 & Sample Answers
- Practice Test 34 & Band 8+ Sample Answers
- Practice Test 35 & Band 8+ Sample Answers
- Practice Test 36 & Band 8.0+ Sample Answers
- Practice Test 37 & Band 8.0+ Sample Answers
- Practice Test 38 & Band 8.0+ Sample Answers
- Practice Test 39 & Band 8.0 Sample Answers
- Practice Test 4 in 2019 & Model Answers
- Practice Test 40 & Band 8.0 Sample Answers
- Practice Test 41 & Band 8.0 Sample Answers
- Practice Test 42 & Band 8.0 Sample Answers
You can also consider buying the speaking ebook from our online store. It has
- speaking part 1 questions with answers
- speaking part 2 questions with answers
- speaking part 3 questions with answers
- All of them are latest 2020 questions
Also, check for other IELTS Practice test
How to practice for the speaking test on my own?
Record while you speak. After speaking, do a self evaluation based on :
Find out the pain areas and work on them, so that the mistakes are not repeated next time.
How to find a speaking partner in facebook for practice?
After verifying the authenticity of the facebook group, post the following on the group :
->Your IELTS test date
->The time at which you are available for practice
->Your IELTS test level
->Any other preference if you have .
From the options you get, choose the appropriate speaking partner.
What are the things to be borne in mind when practicing with an IELTS expert?
-> Verify that the person has been an IELTS examiner or an IELTS teacher previously or currently working as the same.
->He/she should have the testimonials from the students who have already taken IELTS coaching from him/her.
-> Enquire about their experience.
What are the benefits of practicing through an IELTS expert?
If you take the coaching from an expert you will get to know on which aspect of your speaking needs homework.
Will the speaking test be held along with Listening, Reading and Writing tests?
The IELTS Reading test, IELTS Writing test, and IELTS Listening test will be held on the same day and the IELTS speaking test will be held one week before or after the three tests.