- 1 How to talk about Clothing and Fashion in the IELTS Speaking Test
- 2 IELTS Speaking Actual tests Jan - May 2020 with suggested answers)
- 3 Buying Clothes
- 3.0.1 1. What type of clones do you like?
- 3.0.2 2. How do people choose what style of clothing to buy?
- 3.0.3 3. Do you think the brand of clothing is important?
- 3.0.4 4. Why do some people buy brand-name clothes?
- 3.0.5 5. Compare the materials and lash ions of today’s clothing with those of the past
- 3.0.6 6. Do men and women have the same shopping habits when they buy clothes?
- 3.0.7 7. Sometimes factory workers and very often school students have in wear uniforms. What do you think of this?
- 4 Fashion
How to talk about Clothing and Fashion in the IELTS Speaking Test
Audio for IELTS Speaking Practice Test 09
Describe ail item of clothing that you recently bought.
- IELTS Speaking Practice Test 03 – Topic: A Film
- IELTS Speaking Practice Test 2 in 2019 & Model Answers – topic : technology
- IELTS Speaking Practice Test 42 & Band 8.0 Sample Answers – Topic : Do People In Your Country Save Their Money
- IELTS Speaking Practice Test 1 in 2019 with Model Answers
- Ielts General Speaking Practice Test 35 & Band 8+ Sample Answers
You should say:
What it is
When and where you bought it
What it looks like
and explain why you bought it.
The last item of clothing that I bought was a pair of boots. I bought them when I went to the Silk Mar on my day off.
Also Check :IELTS Speaking Practice test
They are black, tall, and soil. They also look very smart. This pair caught my eye because they were simple and matched my clothes and accessories. I chose them because boots can be worn on many occasions and still be appropriate. Also in the winter it’s very cold here in Beijing and it’s good to have some warm shoes to wear when you go out. It is popular to wear shoes that have pointy or light toes, but to me this style looks silly and is very uncomfortable. My boots give my feet plenty of room to be comfortable without looking clumsy and bulky. I’m a little bit short, so I like these boots because they have a high enough heel to make me look average without being awkward or difficult to walk in. Now of course one of the most important things far me besides the style is the price and that is what attracted me to these boots. My friends all tell me that if I went to Europe or America, my boots would have cost me an arm and a leg. No pun intended. Here in China my boots are very reasonably priced.
I guess that would be the final reason why I bought them.
1. What type of clones do you like?
I mostly like older styles, such as those during the 50s. I also like newer style like some kinds of punk clothes. I like skirts and dresses best. Loose types of clothing are most comfortable. I like to have nice, neat, stylish clothing, too.
2. How do people choose what style of clothing to buy?
Many people buy clothing because it is a new style or it’s a colour that they like. Often people will buy something because it looks like what a favorite movie star or singer wears. Other people buy clothes that suit them, or that they will wear most often. Other people just buy clothes because they are functional.
3. Do you think the brand of clothing is important?
Personally I don’t really care about the brand of clothing as long as what I buy is good quality. Famous brands are usually too expensive for me so I will rarely buy them. Often I can find inexpensive brands that are just as good a quality and very nice. Of course here in China you can get brand name clothes at a very cheap price.
4. Why do some people buy brand-name clothes?
Many people buy brand name clothing because they like the style. However, some people simply want their clothes to last a long time, so they buy a certain brand of clothing that is known for its good quality. Other people buy brand name clothing because they feel it make them look more stylish and hip. Some people just like to have that name on their clothing. I think it might make them feel important.
5. Compare the materials and lash ions of today’s clothing with those of the past
In my opinion, older fashions changed more slowly and gradually from one to another. The faded into each other. Fashions of today change drastically in a very short period of time. Often certain clothes will only be in style for one year or so before another, very different style is in. Of course there are more choices to choose now.
6. Do men and women have the same shopping habits when they buy clothes?
No, they have very different shopping habits. Often men will shop less and only because they need new clothes. They often do not buy much, and they will spend less money on what they buy. Actually I think that they dread shopping and probably would rather go to the dentist. Women buy clothes more often and they usually pay more for their clothing. Often they will buy new clothes because they want to be in style. I think women also don’t mind spending money as long as it’s their boyfriend’s or husband’s.
7. Sometimes factory workers and very often school students have in wear uniforms. What do you think of this?
I think it helps reduce competition in the work or school area. When the workers or students don’t feel that they have to keep up with someone else’s clothes or style, they are able to concentrate on work or study. The bad side to it is that if the uniform is uncomfortable or docs not look very smart or stylish, it makes work or school unpleasant for some people. Also it can make people feel that they have no individuality and are just like everyone else.
8. How much do overseas fashion trends influence China?
Overseas fashion treads, especially in the Korean styles greatly affect the styles in China. For young people, dressing like the young people do oversees is very important. Often a style will come into China a bit later than it does to the rest of the western world, but when it catches on in China it spreads very quickly. When you travel to cities such as Shanghai or Dalian, you can really see the influence of foreign fashion here in China society. With TV and fashion models and more here in China, it is a lot easier to follow these trends.