IELTS Part 3 Topic: School
What courses/subjects you think will be added in your high school?
- Band 9 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 in 2019 – Topic: Describe an occasion that you wore formal clothes
- IELTS Speaking Part 3 Topic: Party with Band 8 Model Answers
- IELTS Speaking Part 3 Topic: Interesting Places with Band 8 Model Answers
- IELTS Speaking Part 3 Topic: Role models with Band 8 Model Answers
- IELTS Speaking Part 3 Topic: Holidays & Band 8 Model Answers
Rather than adding more courses, I think most of those we already have will become electives. Students in my country are already learning too many subjects, most of which they have no interest in. When I was in school, I had 13 mandatory subjects, and I can’t recall what I learned in half of them.
What courses/subjects will be helpful in future work?
I think classes on foreign language and intercultural communication will be useful. The world is becoming more and more globalized, so being able to speak at least one foreign language will help people find work in the job market. As for intercultural communication, knowledge about cultural norms and the ways in which people interpret messages will prevent miscommunication.
What do students do after school in your country?
Students in my country usually take extra classes after school, which are often taught by their own teachers or private tutors. If students do not have classes, many of them hang out with friends in the afternoon before going home to have dinner and do their homework.
Do you think students should choose subjects they like?
To a certain extent, yes. I think subjects like Math, Reading, and at least one Foreign Language should be compulsory for all. Other subjects such as Arts and Music should be optional, as I think few students intend to work in the creative industry or see it as a viable career path.
Can the students in your country choose their favorite subjects?
No. The subjects students learn are all dictated by the Ministry of Education. In my experience, all students have at least one subject they detest. Many subjects students want to learn aren’t even available.
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 with Band 9 Model Answer – Topic: Rubbish/ Garbage - September 13, 2019
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic with Band 9 Sample – Topic: Social Network - September 13, 2019
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic with Model Answer – Topic: Driving - September 13, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!