Travel and Holidays: IELTS Speaking Part 3 Model Answer
- 1 Speaking Part 3
- 1.0.1 1 What are the disadvantages of working overtime?
- 1.0.2 2 Do people in your country like to have holidays?
- 1.0.3 3 What do most people do during their holidays in your country? Why?
- 1.0.4 4 Where do people in your country like to travel to?
- 1.0.5 5 Why do some people prefer to stay at home during holidays?
- 1.1 Vocabulary
The IELTS Speaking Module is designed to assess your English Language Speaking Skills. To ensure a good score in the IELTS Speaking Module, you must study and practice the common Speaking Question types. Below is a sample Speaking Module with responses. By studying the sample answers, you can have a reference to begin drafting your own Speaking section answers.
Speaking Part 3
1 What are the disadvantages of working overtime?
Working overtime can be tiring, especially if it prevents people from eating and sleeping. If people are overworking, they’re also likely to be unproductive and more prone to making mistakes.
2 Do people in your country like to have holidays?
Yes. Holidays are opportunities for people to take a break from work or studies. People also like holidays because they can visit their families and travel to another city or country.
3 What do most people do during their holidays in your country? Why?
Many people are content with just staying at home and relaxing, but more and more people today would take this opportunity to travel to a distant place, especially those living in cities. More people nowadays are craving adventure.
4 Where do people in your country like to travel to?
They like to travel to Japan, which is not very far from my country. If people have a bit more money to spend, they usually go to the US or a European country.
5 Why do some people prefer to stay at home during holidays?
Many people like to stay in a familiar environment, and there’s no place more familiar than home. It’s also possible that they do not have the money to travel or any interest in doing so.
- Tiring: Tiresome
Eg: It was a tiring journey
- distant place: Far away places
Eg: He wanted to travel to a distant place
- IELTS Speaking Part 3
- IELTS Speaking tips
- Linking words for IELTS Speaking
- IELTS Speaking recent actual test
- IELTS Speaking topics 2020
- Sports Vocabulary IELTS
- Work Vocabulary IELTS
- IELTS Speaking Part 3 Questions with Answers
- Idioms for IELTS Speaking
- IELTS Pronunciation Guide
- Common English words in IELTS Speaking
- Ough words