Part 3 Topic: Beauty
1.What is beauty for you?
- Band 9 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 in 2019 – Topic: Describe an occasion that you wore formal clothes
- IELTS Speaking Part 3 Topic: Party with Band 8 Model Answers
- IELTS Speaking Part 3 Topic: Schools & Band 8 Model Answers
- IELTS Speaking Part 3 Topic: Interesting Places with Band 8 Model Answers
- IELTS Speaking Part 3 Topic: Role models with Band 8 Model Answers
For me, beauty means physical and inner beauty. You have to look good and be a good person in order to be considered beautiful. Some people think inner beauty is enough but I don’t think you can be truly beautiful inside if you’re not much to look at. These people are often quite lonely. As human beings, we need affection and attention, otherwise we’ll suffer psychologically.
- Do you think the media influences our idea of beauty?
Yes, in a big way actually. For example, when I was a child, a man is considered handsome if he looks fit and has a nice face. Now because of Western influence, some people think men need to look strong and muscular. As most people who appear on the media are very good-looking, the audience also feel pressured to have the same looks. As a result, plastic surgery has become a lucrative business.
- Do you think advertisements’ portrayal of beauty is correct?
I think they are not incorrect, just exaggerated. There are people who are really that good-looking, but not many. I think portraying the ideal appearance is good in that it encourages people to live more healthily, but more often than not it puts pressure on average people.
- Do people in your country like to buy luxury clothes?
Yes, a lot of people see luxury clothes as a sign of social status. And of course these outfits are often better in terms of design and material. But I think there are clothes that are equally good but a lot cheaper just because they are not the same brand.
5.What are some drawbacks of being beautiful?
First, you have too many people go after you. It is flattering and disturbing at the same time. It is not a good feeling when you have to reject a person, not to mention the person being rejected may resent you or even want to take revenge on you. Second, people often treat you very nicely and everything is easier for you, so you may lack the ability to understand others’ problems.
6.Is goodness better than beauty?
For me they are equally important. People without good looks often suffer from alienation, which affects their goodness. How can one be good to others if they’re constantly isolated, rejected or even ridiculed?
By Le Minh IELTS Band 8.5
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- IELTS Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you spent a lot of money on something - September 20, 2019
- Band 8 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Photographs - September 20, 2019
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 with Band 9 Model Answer – Topic: Rubbish/ Garbage - September 13, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!