IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topic:
Describe a free time activity that you like to do after you have finished your study or work.
- IELTS Speaking Part 1, 2 & 3 Topic in 2018: Daily Routine & Sample Answers
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 107 – Topic: Describe a time you were friendly to someone you didn’t like
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 132 Topic: A positive experience when you were a teenager
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 105 Topic: A situation made you angry
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 101 Topic: An age/stage you enjoyed most
You should say
- What you do
- Where you do it
- When you do it
- Who you do it with
- And explain why you like to do this activity.
I am sort of workaholic. I am so much into my tasks on a daily basis that I almost have no time to free myself. But if I have spare time, reading will definitely be my favorite thing to do when it comes to choosing an activity to relax after work.
There are a small range of things I normally try to do to wind down, but reading books is one of my favorite. As my tasks frequently make my mind stressed, books should be the best therapy for me to escape from all of working stuffs. If possible, I would like to enjoy the evening in a cozy and peaceful ambiance with soothing music, warm lights, soft sofa and a tasty cup of tea. Then, I will put my feet up, lay onto the sofa, digging into the story until it reaches 11 pm. In cold days, there will also a blanket for me. I find it therapeutic and relaxing when I spend a little time on my own, to nurture my soul with amazing and attractive adventures from books.
In short, reading books is my choice which helps me get away from all the pressures and have a more balanced life.
- on a daily basis: at the same time every day, week, month, etc. : regularly
Ex: The sales team meets on a daily basis.
- wind down: to start running or operating slower.
Ex: Things will begin to wind down at the end of the summer.
- therapy: treatment intended to relieve or heal a disorder.
Ex: a course of antibiotic therapy
- dig into: To plunge the hands or mind into something, especially to search for something:
Ex: She dug into her bookbag and pulled out a pen
- therapeutic: of or relating to the healing of disease.
Ex: diagnostic and therapeutic facilities
- get away from: escape
Ex: Getting away from a busy city in a while can make you relaxed.
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by IELTS Expert (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1, 2, 3 Topic: Work/Job & Model Answers - April 7, 2018
- IELTS Speaking Part 1, 2, 3 Topic in 2018: Language & Model Answers - March 31, 2018
- IELTS Speaking Part 1, 2 & 3 Topic in 2018: Daily Routine & Sample Answers - March 29, 2018