IELTS Cue Card for IELTS Speaking:
Describe a good friend.
You should say:
When and how you met
What kind of personality he/she has
What makes you like him/her
- IELTS Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you spent a lot of money on something
- Band 9 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 2: Describe a present you received which was made by hand
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Band 9 Sample – Topic: Describe an important plant in your country
- Band 9 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 in 2019 – Topic: Describe an occasion that you wore formal clothes
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Sample: A time you invited family or friends to have dinner at home or restaurants
BAND 9.0 SAMPLE ANSWER:
I would like to describe my best friend, Huong, whom I have known for roughly 10 years. I first met her at primary school when she was my classmate. At first, she was quite shy and did not want to talk with anyone, which made me feel that she was a bit proud. However, when we became close friends, she was more sociable and amiable. We have done a lot of things together. Studying at the same schools, we have various
mutual friends. So, we usually throw parties at the weekends or have a picnic together.
Besides, whenever I get into trouble, I turn to her for help. For example, I remember when I got bad marks in the mock university entrance exam, she consoled me and then we studied together until the official exam took place. Finally, we had the opportunity to study at our favorite college.
At present, despite the fact that we have different plans and goals to pursue, I believe that we will be best friends for good and we will try our best to maintain this relationship.
roughly: [adverb] approximately, but not exactly. Example: In the exam, I wrote roughly 300 words for my essay.
close friends: [expression] friends who know each other very well and like each other a lot. Example: Close friends usually share the same interests and have no secrets from each other.
amiable: [adjective] pleasant and easy to like Example: Our form teacher is very amiable and we all enjoy the relaxed atmosphere in her classes.
mutual friends: [expression] friends which are shared by two or more people. Example: Although we had not met before, when we started chatting, we discovered that we had some mutual friends.
throw parties: [expression] give parties. Example: Some Hollywood film stars throw parties which hundreds of people attend.
consoled: [verb] gave sympathy to someone who is unhappy. Example: After the team lost the match, the coach consoled the players and told them that they had played well.
for good: [expression] permanently
Example: I decided to leave New York for good and move to Europe.
try our best: do as much as possible to achieve something Example: Although we tried our best, we failed the exam.
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (Sep 2019 – April 2020) & Sample Answers - August 20, 2019
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!