Describe a time when you got up early in the morning. You should say:
when it happened
why you got up early
who you were with
and explain how you felt about getting up early.
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Sample: A water sport you would like to try
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Sample: Describe a TV program that made you laugh a lot
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Sample: A quiz program or game show on TV
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you gave advice to others
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Sample: An occasion when vehicle broke down
Sample by IELTS Speaking High Scorer
The first thing I want to say is that I hardly ever get up early, so when I do it must be something important.
So the nearest occasion when I had to be up early was last year when I took the IELTS test. It started at 8 in the morning so naturally I had to get up at 6. When I got out of the house it was still dark outside. It took me 20 minutes by motorbike to arrive at the hotel where the test was going to take place. Some other test takers had already come and were sitting inside the lounge, all looking quite drowsy and nervous.
Also check: IELTS Speaking Part 2
I found myself a seat and started taking out a book to read. I normally find it useless to cram right before a test so I just do something to relax. At 8 everyone was called into a large meeting room where the organisers would have a short presentation on the test process. We were all required to leave our personal belongings outside the exam room.
Anyway, the test went well and I got the result I needed. I think I could’ve done better if I hadn’t been sleepy at the start of the test.
By Le Minh IELTS Band 8.5