Describe a job that was done by your grandparents/ Describe a job your grandparent did.
You should say:
- Band 9 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 2: Describe a present you received which was made by hand
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Band 9 Sample – Topic: Describe an important plant in your country
- Band 9 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 in 2019 – Topic: Describe an occasion that you wore formal clothes
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Sample: A time you invited family or friends to have dinner at home or restaurants
- Describe an occasion when you showed something new to younger people
- what job it was;
- when and where your grandparent did the job;
- how long he or she did the job;
- and explain how you think about this job.
My grandparents were rice farmers. I think most old people in my country used to be farmers because in the past our country relied mostly on agriculture. Our country also went through many wars, which made agriculture even more important as we couldn’t afford food imports.
My grandparents were given some plots of land to grow rice on. It was a difficult job, they had to wake up very early in the morning, and there was virtually no machinery so everything was done by bare hands. You also risk losing your harvest due to bad weather.
My grandparents told me about the famines where a lot of people died. But somehow that made people more united and there was more sympathy for others. Nowadays, you can be pretty sure that you won’t starve, but most people just mind their own business and that sense of unity seems to have been lost.
By Le Minh IELTS Band 8.5
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!