Describe a job that was done by your grandparents/ Describe a job your grandparent did.
You should say:
- IELTS Speaking Actual Test in Malaysia & Sample Answers
- 100 IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topics in 2016 & 2017 & Sample Answers
- IELTS Speaking Test in Kuwait – Feb 2018
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Band 9 Sample – Topic: Describe an important plant in your country
- IELTS Speaking Actual Test in Australia – April 2017 & Sample Answers
- what job it was;
- when and where your grandparent did the job;
- how long he or she did the job;
- and explain how you think about this job.
My grandparents were rice farmers. I think most old people in my country used to be farmers because in the past our country relied mostly on agriculture. Our country also went through many wars, which made agriculture even more important as we couldn’t afford food imports.
My grandparents were given some plots of land to grow rice on. It was a difficult job, they had to wake up very early in the morning, and there was virtually no machinery so everything was done by bare hands. You also risk losing your harvest due to bad weather.
My grandparents told me about the famines where a lot of people died. But somehow that made people more united and there was more sympathy for others. Nowadays, you can be pretty sure that you won’t starve, but most people just mind their own business and that sense of unity seems to have been lost.
By Le Minh IELTS Band 8.5