Describe a singer that you like/ Describe a foreign star you want to meet. You should say:
– Who he/she is
– Where and when you heard him/her sing for the first time
– What types of song she/he sings
and explain why you like his/her music
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Sample: Describe a time when you solved a problem via the Internet
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Sample in 2019 – Topic: Describe something you do to help you study or work
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 Topic in 2017 – Describe a shop just opened in your hometown
- Band 9 Sample with Audio: Activity you would do when you are alone in your free time
- IELTS Speaking Cue Card Sample 59 – Topic: A TV Program Inspires You
I’ve recently got into Ariana Grande’s music, so I’m going to talk about her. Ariana’s been around for quite some time now, debuting in 2013, achieving some success with that first album.
However, although her songs have always been catchy, her voice sweet and tender, she wasn’t really a top star until recently. Her latest album is what launches her into superstardom, with the lead single “Thank u, next” topping music charts all around the world.
I think the reason the song catches on is that she has put her personal stories into it, being a kiss-off anthem, full of post-breakup nostalgia and hopeful sentiments at the same time.
I want to meet her just to see her in person, and maybe talk a bit about how she writes her songs. I know this is a long shot, but she did flirt with the idea of touring in my country once. Hopefully she’ll come here some time in the future.
By Le Minh IELTS Band 8.5
- Why do some people seem to be better at singing than others?
- Do you think there are benefits from being able to sing well?
- Do you think people need to learn how to sing (or is it a natural skill)?
- Do you think everyone (or anyone) can be trained to become a singer?
- Do you think women are better singers than men?
- What advice would you give someone if they wanted to learn to sing?