1.Do you think it is good to preserve old buildings?
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 in 2017 & Band 9 Sample – Topic: Describe a couple you know who have a Happy Marriage
- Band 8 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 3 Topic: Old Person
- IELTS Speaking Part 1, 2, 3 Topic in 2018: Language & Model Answers
- IELTS Speaking Practice Test 42 & Band 8.0 Sample Answers – Topic : Do People In Your Country Save Their Money
- IELTS Speaking Part 3 Topic: Party with Band 8 Model Answers
It depends on the building, whether it is worth preserving. Historical monuments, for example, need to be saved because of their cultural significance. On the other hand, if a building is old, ugly and has no importance then I don’t see why we should preserve it.
Also check: IELTS Speaking Part 3
- Are buildings now better than those in the past? Why?
Yes and no. The facilities are better, rooms are often fully equipped with whatever you may need. And there are lifts and convenient stores so you don’t have travel much to get what you want. But these buildings are also bad for the environment; their construction and operation release a lot of waste and heat, which pollute the environment and contribute to global warming.
- Do you think the government should invest money in preserving old buildings?
If the buildings are really important to the country, yes. If they are well preserved, it will help bring in income that would be spent on the maintenance.