Have you ever been to any island?
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic with Sample – Topic: Reading
- Band 9 Sample for Common IELTS Speaking Part 1 – Topic: Music
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 in 2018 – Topic & Questions: Politeness & Band 8.0 Sample
- 2017 IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Patience & Model Answers
- Band 9 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic : do you like Running
Yes, I have! Actually, I lived on an island for 3 months back in 2016. My mother was offered to work at a resort for 2 years, so I joined them there for 3 months. Island life was quite an interesting experience!
Are there any islands in your country?
Yes, there are. There is one famous island called X, famed for its crystal clear water and white sands. I’ve heard the pagodas are very interesting to visit there, as well. I haven’t been yet, but I dream of going there for a girls getaway (when women go on a trip together) sometime in the future.
Do you want to live on an island if you have a chance?
Not really. Islands are beautiful, but I felt really isolated (separated from others) when I lived on one before. As I’m an active person, I felt there wasn’t much to do. Sure, the beach is great, but it gets boring day after day.
What do you like to do when you are on an island?
Beach of course! Behind that, I like getting to know the local culture and food. I especially enjoy drinking coconut water fresh off the palm trees and trying local fish recipes. Moreover, I enjoy getting hair braided (hairstyle) by local people.