Do you do housework at home?
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Sample: Describe a prize you want to get
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Band 9 Model Answers with Audio – Topic: Teachers
- Band 9 Sample for Common IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Work
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites
- ELTS Writing Task 1 Test On 8th September With Band 8.0-9.0 Sample
Yes, I do! Even though I could afford a home, I prefer to do it on my own. I live by myself in a small, studio apartment so it’s easy enough. Actually, I find housework to be relaxing. When I feel stressed, I like the mindless activity (something which doesn’t require hard thinking) of scrubbing the shower, floors, and kitchen cabinets. I really hate sweeping though! I always miss too many spots.
What kinds of housework do you often do?
All of them! I do dishes, dusting, sweeping, mopping, and scrubbing the kitchen and bathroom. I usually do a deep clean every two weeks, but keep tidying up during the week. I have a pet peeve (something that really bothers you) of having a clean bathroom, so I generally do that about once a week.
Did you do housework when you were a child?
Yes, my parents enforced this. They had a rotation chore assignment chart for the 4 of us children every week. We would earn $5 a week for completing them. If we acted up (misbehave), extra chores would be put on (assigned to) us. If we had a special accomplishment, like straight A’s, we would be off chores for a week.
Do you think that children should do housework?
Absolutely! Even if the parents could hire help instead, it teaches children a sense of responsibility and skill. Also, it helps them to not be spoiled ( a person who has too much). When they learn these skills at a young age, they can carry it into their adulthood and be better homemakers.
Do you think that men and women should share housework?
Without a doubt! I don’t believe in these gender stereotypes of only women doing housework. I believe it is the responsibility of both people. Moreover, when they share the responsibilities, it takes the pressure off both of them. However, if one spouse is working all day and the other is at home, I think the one at home should cover the housework.
What kinds of household chores do you dislike doing?
I despise sweeping! Ever since I was a child, I’ve had a poor eye (cannot see well) for the dirt on the floor. I always tend to miss spots, then later when I mop, it makes a mess! Actually, at my first job in a restaurant, I was banned from sweeping because I did such a poor job!
Latest posts by (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (Sep 2019 – April 2020) & Sample Answers - August 20, 2019
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- Cambridge IELTS Series (1 – 14) for Academic and General Training Modules - April 22, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
- 101 IELTS Reading Past Papers With Answers - January 23, 2019
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) with Model Answers - December 25, 2018
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio [Latest Update] - December 21, 2018
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - December 20, 2018
- HIGH SCORING IELTS SPEAKING MODEL ANSWERS WITH AUDIO (BASED ON PAST PAPERS) - October 25, 2018
- IELTS Speaking Actual Tests (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - September 22, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topics in 2019 & Sample Answers - September 11, 2017
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Questions (2013 – 2018) & Model Answers - July 19, 2017
- IELTS Magazine – Week 1 (PDF) - May 20, 2017
- Useful IELTS Reading Websites & Resources for both Academic & General Training Module - April 28, 2017
- IELTS Writing Recent Actual Tests in 2018 & Band 8.0+ Sample Answers (Updating) - February 26, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Lessons - February 21, 2017
- Advanced Vocabulary List for IELTS - January 24, 2017
- 42 Topics for IELTS Speaking Part 1 and Suggested Answers (PDF) - April 14, 2016
- IELTS Target Band 7: How to Maximize Your Score (Ebook) - March 29, 2016
- Ace the IELTS: IELTS General Module – How to Maximize Your Score (3rd edition) - October 10, 2015
- IELTS Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you spent a lot of money on something - September 20, 2019
- Band 8 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Photographs - September 20, 2019
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 with Band 9 Model Answer – Topic: Rubbish/ Garbage - September 13, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!