It’s study time. Each of us have spent hours studying and working, so it is a topic in which we can perform to the fullest. You might be asked to talk about the school you studied or the work you found interesting/boring. So it’s easy.
Ofcourse, you need to have vocabulary handy.
|Job satisfaction||A feeling of happiness and contentment from of the job that you’re doing|
|Perks||Additional benefits that you get|
|Deadline||The last date for completing a work|
|curriculum||Content used for teaching in a school|
|Graduation||The act of receiving a degree|
In the 1 minute preparation time, you have no time to ponder and decide the content you will be needing for the talk. Instead you can focus on the words to be used and spontaneously create content out of it. For instance, if it is about a work that you found monotonous, then think of words like “target” “ deadline” “work pressure” etc from which you can create content.
If it is about your school, then it’s all the more easy. There is no need to think deeply about anything. You are going to talk from what you already know and have experienced. Using the right words is the key here. With that being done, the rest will fall into place.
The common mistakes that test takers may make here is that when talking about work related issues ( when such topics are given), they take it as an opportunity to vent. Beware that you don’t become too emotional.
Given below are a list of oft repeated IELTS cue cards for the topic – Work/Study
- A Project at Work or Homework Assignment
- A Course You Like to Study and found useful
- Describe a piece of work you did quickly
- Describe your Dream/ideal/Perfect Job
- Describe something that you want to learn more
- Describe An Educational TV Programme That You Have Seen
- Describe Your Study Room
- Describe a School you have Studied In
- Describe an idea you had for improving something at work or college
- Describe an unusual job
- Describe a seminar or workshop you have attended
- Describe a subject that you did not like in the past, but now you like it
- Describe a project that you were once involved in
- Describe a well-paid job you would like to have in the future
- Describe a job your grandparents did
- Describe a subject you used to dislike but now have interest in
- Describe a free day off study or work
- Describe a part-time job you have ever done
- Describe a Job you Would most Like to Have
- Describe an Academic Success that you Achieved