Describe a School you have Studied In – IELTS Cue Card
Describe a school you have studied in.
You should say:
- what its name is and where it is
- how long you have studied in it
- what did you like/ dislike about it
- and describe how you feel now about studying in this school.
I completed my schooling at Carmel High School, popularly known by the name “Carmel Convent.” The secondary and Higher secondary section is located in Gariahat Road, Kolkata, whereas the Primary and Nursery section is located at Deshapriya Park, Kolkata.
I completed my secondary and higher secondary from this school, which will sum up to 8 years.
Carmel is a Christian missionary school and thus the name convent. Like every missionary school, their primary motive is discipline and imparting wisdom. I like the way they value morals and discipline over everything. Education will be the same in every institute, but building a foundation is the most important thing. We were taught to speak fluently in English, which is the most important mode of communication in today’s world, and we were always taught to help the poor. Our school had evening classes where children and women from the nearby slums and colonies used to come, and students of classes 8 and 9 used to stay back to give them basic knowledge. One thing I never liked was being too strict on silly little things.
It’s nearly two and a half years since I passed out. I can’t begin to describe how the idea of high school entirely changed as we passed out and started to grow up. Now that I have entered a new phase of our life, I miss my friends, teachers, sisters, morning prayers, the class performances, the rehearsals, the exams, PTM days, and several other incidents. I even miss the punishments I used to get for not completing my homework and assignments. Now that I have grown up, I realise how important those lessons are. They have taught me to face the real world, and sometimes even managed to protect me from the monstrous world outside.
- Missionary: A missionary is a member of a religious group sent into an area to promote their faith or perform ministries of service, such as education, literacy, social justice, health care, and economic development.
Eg: She visited a missionary school last week
- Slums: A slum is usually a highly populated urban residential area consisting mostly of closely packed, decrepit housing units in a situation of deteriorated or incomplete infrastructure, inhabited primarily by impoverished persons.
Eg: She visited the slum last week.
- Impart: make known
Eg: The teachers are imparting knowledge
Also check :