Are you a people person? Do you enjoy having a lot of people around or like to spend time alone?
Whichever category you fall in, you might have to talk about interesting people in your life – people who brought about a change in you. This topic is quite good and will make you seem enthusiastic because you are going to talk about someone who influenced you.
Even if you regret meeting that person, you can talk at length about why you regretted it. Since that person was a caustor of change, thoughts will flow easily.
Now for the vocabulary,
|Pretentious||Trying to impress by bragging ; often exaggerating oneself|
|Empathetic||Putting oneself in other’s shoes|
|Self-made||To be successful because of one’s hard work|
In the given 1 minute, you are in no trouble in readying content since there is no impediment in the thought process. You should concentrate on the words to use for the talk. Vocabulary is the key here.
The set of words that come in handy here are the adjectives. You must recall that they qualify a noun. Since you need to describe the person, you should learn a lot of adjectives. The next preferences can be tenses, subject verb agreement etc. This being done, the talk will be a cakewalk for you.
A simple tip which you can follow while learning adjectives is that when you learn a word, learn the antonym for it. For example, if you learn truthful, learn “deceitful” which is the antonym. By doing this, you will be able to describe both kinds of personalities.
Given below are a list of oft repeated IELTS cue cards for the topic – Person/People
- A person You Admire/Love Essay
- An Older Person Who You Admire
- Describe An Interesting Person You Know
- Describe a Person who has done a lot of Work to Help People
- Describe a person you recently met
- Describe a famous person you would like to meet
- Describe a person who is helpful to other
- A Person Speak A Second (Foreign) Language Well
- Talk About a Person who Influenced you
- A Person Who Can Speak A Foreign Language
- Describe a person who once moved to live with you
- Describe a polite person you met
- Describe a person you have seen who is beautiful or handsome
- Describe a person who has interesting ideas or opinions
- Describe a person who encouraged you to achieve a goal
- Describe a person who helps to protect the environment
- Describe a teenager you know
- Describe a person you wanted to be similar to when you were growing up
- Describe a historical figure
- Describe a Successful Person you Know