Describe a person who helps to protect the environment – IELTS Band 8 Sample
Describe a person who helps protect the environment
You should say:
- Who is that person?
- What does he do?
- How does this person protect the environment?
and explain how you feel about this person?
I’m going to talk abo
ut my friend, Jessie, who is working as a freelance environmentalist. She has established an organisation dedicated to environmental causes, calling on people to reduce the use of plastic bags, and helping them find feasible alternatives.
She tells me that at home, she insists on not using plastic bags whenever possible. She managed to persuade her parents to bring fabric bags to the market when shopping for food. Also, she always separates different types of rubbish into categories like organic waste and recyclable waste.
Her website provides a great deal of information on how to live green and has attracted a large following. This is a platform where people can discuss and help each other find the best way to be environmentally friendly. Sometimes the content can cause controversy, but I think it’s necessary to raise awareness and attention to the cause.
- Freelance: doing particular pieces of work for different organizations, rather than working all the time for a single organization
Eg: After working as a freelance developer, he finally took up a full-time job.
- Establish: set up on a firm or permanent basis.
Eg: The institute was established in the year 1999.
- Feasible: possible, reasonable, or likely
Eg: It’s quite feasible, to get the money.
- Awareness: knowledge or perception of a situation or fact.
Eg: A campaign was set up for cancer awareness among the villagers.
- Controversy: prolonged public disagreement or heated discussion
Eg: The destruction of the building has caused a great controversy among the people.