Describe a person who has interesting ideas or opinions
- who this person is
- how you know this person
- what interesting ideas/opinions he or she has
- and explain you think why his/her ideas are interesting.
I’m going to talk about my friend, Hardy, who is very good at languages and always has a lot of interesting ideas when it comes to language learning and teaching. He is a fellow teacher at my workplace so we have had lot of opportunities to work together.
- Band 9 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 2: Describe a present you received which was made by hand
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Band 9 Sample – Topic: Describe an important plant in your country
- Band 9 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 in 2019 – Topic: Describe an occasion that you wore formal clothes
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Sample: A time you invited family or friends to have dinner at home or restaurants
- Describe an occasion when you showed something new to younger people
He is fluent in THREE foreign languages, English, Chinese and Japanese, in addition to his mother tongue. So you can imagine, as a language teacher, he has great advantages.
Although language comes to him naturally, he knows that for others it may not, and always tries to come up with new methods to help language learners improve faster and achieve better results. In addition to imparting knowledge, he also does it in an interesting way. For example, at the start of each class, he would have all the students stand up and play some warm-up games instead of going straight into doing routine teaching stuff. Some of the games are even invented by himself and I must say they are all well thought out. I learn a lot from observing his classes and look forward to working more with him in the future.
- At what age do you think (young) people begin to have their own ideas? (Why?)
- When do children start to have their own ideas?
- Who do you think has more influence on children’s ideas, their parents or their teachers?
- Can you suggest why children, as they grow older, have more and more disagreements with their parents about ideas?
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!