Describe a person who encouraged you to achieve a goal. You should say:
– What this person is
– What this person encourage you to do
– What this person have help
And explain why this encouragement help you to achieve the goal
- Band 9 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 2: Describe a present you received which was made by hand
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Band 9 Sample – Topic: Describe an important plant in your country
- Band 9 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 in 2019 – Topic: Describe an occasion that you wore formal clothes
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Sample: A time you invited family or friends to have dinner at home or restaurants
- Describe an occasion when you showed something new to younger people
I believe that everyone has that special person who always supports and encourages you to become better. For me that person is my mum.
I was pretty good at school but somehow that didn’t translate to good performance at work, at least when I first started working. I thought it was because I hadn’t found the true calling, that one line of profession that really suits me.
So, there was a period of time during which I changed jobs rather frequently. You know, it’s not easy being a newbie in a field, you have to start from scratch, work hard but earn little. During this whole time, my mum was nothing but supportive, she didn’t even complain at all. And I am really thankful for that, because in my country when you’ve graduated from college you’re expected to have a stable job and support your family immediately. My mum was generous and let me experiment with whatever I felt like doing for some years. Without her financial and emotional support, it’s likely that I would be doing something that I have no interest in just to make ends meet.
You know, it’s pretty cool having a mum like that.
By Le Minh IELTS Band 8.5
- Is it important for teenagers to have goals?
- What do you think would encourage young children to learn more?
- How should we encourage children?
- How could we make children interested in things that they don’t have interest?
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!