Describe something that you want to learn more – IELTS Cue Card Sample 95
Describe something that you want to learn more
You should say:
If there is something I want to learn more, it would be belly dancing, an art form that originated in India. It’s also an excellent method of keeping fit and getting toned. I have learnt it before when I was a teenager. At that time, I was so hectic with my study that I didn’t have enough time for this class. Now that I have finished my study, I am of temptation to learn more about it in the future.
There is a belly dance class taught by my neighbor, just 500 meters from my house. Thus, it is very convenient for me to go there. This class is not very big or famous but it’s warm, cozy with a lot of friendly people, which can motivate me to practice this kind of dance. The facilities are not expensive but always in good condition, and the teacher is warm-hearted, qualified and experienced. When she was young, she was very popular for her excellent belly dance performance. After having babies, she decided to alter the job to teaching at home. I haven’t gone to class for a long time, but she still remember me, and often smile to me every time I pass by the class.
Belly dance is not only an art of body movements but also an effective way to improve my balance and flexibility. As I grow older, I am fully aware that keeping fit is very important. Moreover, belly dance, with magnificent costume, and beautiful music can help me relax after a long working day. For those above reasons, I am really looking forward to being able to learn it more down the road.
- originate: rooted from something
Ex: Wagashi is originated from Japan
- tone: give greater strength or firmness to (the body or a part of it)
Ex: Exercise tones up the muscles.
- hectic: busy
Ex: This week has been really hectic.
- Now that: You use now that to give an explanation of a new situation | Because
Ex: Now that I live only a few blocks from work, I walk to work and enjoy it.
- be of temptation to V: tend to do sth
Ex: I am of temptation to eat a lot of ice-creams in summer
- warm-hearted: (of a person or their actions) sympathetic and kind
Ex: I like making friends with warm-hearted people
- magnificent: impressively beautiful
Ex: A dramatic landscape of magnificent mountains.
- Look forward to Ving: feel pleased and excited about something that is going to happen
- down the road: in the future
Bonus cue cards:
Describe something you want to do but don’t have time for. You should say:
- What the thing is
- Why you want to do it
- How you are going to make time for it
Describe something that you want to do but you have not done yet. You should say:
- What the thing is that you want to do
- Why you haven’t done it yet
- How you plan to do it
Also check :
- IELTS Speaking tips
- Cue Card Samples
- Linking words for IELTS Speaking
- IELTS Speaking recent actual test
- Sports Vocabulary IELTS
- Work Vocabulary IELTS
- Idioms for IELTS Speaking