Describe a piece of work you did quickly.
You should say:
what work it was
why you did it quickly
how easy or difficult it was
and explain what the result was.
I would like to talk about a piece of work that I had to do quickly, which was the preparation for a two-minute talk in the IELTS Speaking test, the one that I am taking at the moment.
I just finished this preparation a few seconds ago. When the second part of the Speaking test began, I was given a topic which required me to describe something I had done quickly. Personally I think that was a really difficult topic, and it was even more challenging since I had only one minute to prepare for the talk. I had to think really fast. The first thing I needed to do was to choose a piece of work to talk about, and this was the hardest part. At first I thought about a university project that I had to finish in five days, but then I wasn’t sure whether five days is considered “quick” enough for this topic. And then an idea came to my mind. Why not talk about the very difficult work I was doing at that moment, which was to think of an appropriate topic? Then I quickly decided to choose it and made a plan for a talk about it. I had to do everything quickly because I was given only one minute for the preparation. So, I needed to think very fast and to write down all the ideas very quickly. In my opinion, preparing for a talk in just one minute is really challenging, and it’s partly because I had to think in English, which isn’t my first language. Luckily I managed to finish the preparation on time, and I finally had enough ideas to talk about this topic.
The result of this, um, I don’t know yet because I will have to wait 13 days to see the result of this Speaking test. However, I think I have already done everything I could, and let’s hope that I will get a satisfying result.
Latest posts by (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (Sep 2019 – April 2020) & Sample Answers - August 20, 2019
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- Cambridge IELTS Series (1 – 14) for Academic and General Training Modules - April 22, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
- 101 IELTS Reading Past Papers With Answers - January 23, 2019
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) with Model Answers - December 25, 2018
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio [Latest Update] - December 21, 2018
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - December 20, 2018
- HIGH SCORING IELTS SPEAKING MODEL ANSWERS WITH AUDIO (BASED ON PAST PAPERS) - October 25, 2018
- IELTS Speaking Actual Tests (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - September 22, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topics in 2019 & Sample Answers - September 11, 2017
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Questions (2013 – 2018) & Model Answers - July 19, 2017
- IELTS Magazine – Week 1 (PDF) - May 20, 2017
- Useful IELTS Reading Websites & Resources for both Academic & General Training Module - April 28, 2017
- IELTS Writing Recent Actual Tests in 2018 & Band 8.0+ Sample Answers (Updating) - February 26, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Lessons - February 21, 2017
- Advanced Vocabulary List for IELTS - January 24, 2017
- 42 Topics for IELTS Speaking Part 1 and Suggested Answers (PDF) - April 14, 2016
- IELTS Target Band 7: How to Maximize Your Score (Ebook) - March 29, 2016
- Ace the IELTS: IELTS General Module – How to Maximize Your Score (3rd edition) - October 10, 2015
- IELTS Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you spent a lot of money on something - September 20, 2019
- Band 8 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Photographs - September 20, 2019
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 with Band 9 Model Answer – Topic: Rubbish/ Garbage - September 13, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!