Describe a piece of work you did quickly.
You should say:
what work it was
why you did it quickly
how easy or difficult it was
and explain what the result was.
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 111 – Topic: Describe an unusual/ an unforgettable meal
- Recent IELTS Speaking Exam in Australia – November 2018 with Band 9 Sample with Audio
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 110 with Audio – Topic: Something you learned in a place or from someone
- Recent IELTS Speaking Test in the UAE – November 2018 with Band 9 Sample with Audio
- IELTS Speaking Test in October 2018 with Band 9 Model Answers with Audio
I would like to talk about a piece of work that I had to do quickly, which was the preparation for a two-minute talk in the IELTS Speaking test, the one that I am taking at the moment.
I just finished this preparation a few seconds ago. When the second part of the Speaking test began, I was given a topic which required me to describe something I had done quickly. Personally I think that was a really difficult topic, and it was even more challenging since I had only one minute to prepare for the talk. I had to think really fast. The first thing I needed to do was to choose a piece of work to talk about, and this was the hardest part. At first I thought about a university project that I had to finish in five days, but then I wasn’t sure whether five days is considered “quick” enough for this topic. And then an idea came to my mind. Why not talk about the very difficult work I was doing at that moment, which was to think of an appropriate topic? Then I quickly decided to choose it and made a plan for a talk about it. I had to do everything quickly because I was given only one minute for the preparation. So, I needed to think very fast and to write down all the ideas very quickly. In my opinion, preparing for a talk in just one minute is really challenging, and it’s partly because I had to think in English, which isn’t my first language. Luckily I managed to finish the preparation on time, and I finally had enough ideas to talk about this topic.
The result of this, um, I don’t know yet because I will have to wait 13 days to see the result of this Speaking test. However, I think I have already done everything I could, and let’s hope that I will get a satisfying result.
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2018 (September – December) & Sample Answers - October 20, 2018
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic: Art & Technology with Model Essay - May 30, 2018
- 15 IELTS Practice Tests (Book) - May 29, 2018