IELTS Cue Card for IELTS Speaking:
Describe an indoor game that you liked to play when you were a child | Describe an indoor game that you played when you were a child
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 52 – Topic: A Special Toy
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 50 – Topic: A Meal You Had With Your Friends
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 48 – Topic: A Goal that You Have
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 46 – Topic: local news people interested in
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 44 – Topic: A TV Program that Made You Laugh
You should say:
what the game was
who you played it with
how you played it where you played it
and explain why you liked playing that game.
BAND 8.0 ANSWER:
An indoor game that I liked to play when I was a child was badminton. It started when I was in 6th grade. At that time, I was living near my uncle‟s house. Every morning, he would wake me and my cousins up early and drive us to the sport center near our house.
It was actually a badminton class, so we had teachers and other students too. We practiced badminton here for an hour. During the summer holiday, we even stayed there for another half an hour. Just like tennis, you can play badminton as a singles match or doubles match. The rules are pretty much the same as tennis. The only difference is that the badminton shuttlecock is lighter than the tennis ball, thus, it requires less strength.
Due to my short-sightedness, I was not very good at playing this game but I enjoyed it anyway. Firstly, it helped keep me fit. In addition, I could train my eyes to look further and faster, and it quickened my reflexes. Last but not least, it helped me a lot in improving my teamwork skills.
badminton: [noun] an indoor game. Players hit a small light ball, with feathers round it, across a high net, using a racket, like tennis.
Example: A net in badminton is much higher than in tennis, and the ball and rackets are smaller and not as heavy.
singles match: [noun] a game in which one player plays against one opponent.
doubles match: [noun] a game in which two players play against two opponents.
Example: She won the women‟s singles gold medal in tennis in the Olympic Games. Then, playing with her friend, they won the women‟s doubles gold medal by defeating two American opponents.
shuttlecock: [noun] badminton uses a shuttlecock, not a tennis ball. It is very light and it has feathers round the edge.
Example: Players hit the shuttlecock across the net in badminton.
short-sightedness: [noun] a person who can only see things if they are very close, is short-sighted.
Example: I need glasses for reading, because of my short-sightedness.
train my eyes: [verb phrase] I developed my ability to see things quickly and accurately.
Example: The detective trained his eyes to look for small but important details at the scene of the crime.
quickened my reflexes: playing badminton improved my ability to move and think quickly when I played the game.
Example: Many people say that video games quicken your reflexes and you become more expert.
Latest posts by (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (Sep 2019 – April 2020) & Sample Answers - August 20, 2019
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- Cambridge IELTS Series (1 – 14) for Academic and General Training Modules - April 22, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
- 101 IELTS Reading Past Papers With Answers - January 23, 2019
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) with Model Answers - December 25, 2018
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio [Latest Update] - December 21, 2018
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - December 20, 2018
- HIGH SCORING IELTS SPEAKING MODEL ANSWERS WITH AUDIO (BASED ON PAST PAPERS) - October 25, 2018
- IELTS Speaking Actual Tests (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - September 22, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topics in 2019 & Sample Answers - September 11, 2017
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Questions (2013 – 2018) & Model Answers - July 19, 2017
- IELTS Magazine – Week 1 (PDF) - May 20, 2017
- Useful IELTS Reading Websites & Resources for both Academic & General Training Module - April 28, 2017
- IELTS Writing Recent Actual Tests in 2018 & Band 8.0+ Sample Answers (Updating) - February 26, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Lessons - February 21, 2017
- Advanced Vocabulary List for IELTS - January 24, 2017
- 42 Topics for IELTS Speaking Part 1 and Suggested Answers (PDF) - April 14, 2016
- IELTS Target Band 7: How to Maximize Your Score (Ebook) - March 29, 2016
- Ace the IELTS: IELTS General Module – How to Maximize Your Score (3rd edition) - October 10, 2015
- IELTS Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you spent a lot of money on something - September 20, 2019
- Band 8 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Photographs - September 20, 2019
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 with Band 9 Model Answer – Topic: Rubbish/ Garbage - September 13, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!