Describe a game (not a sport) you enjoyed as a child / Describe a game that you played in your childhood.
You should say:
- Band 9 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 2: Describe a present you received which was made by hand
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Band 9 Sample – Topic: Describe an important plant in your country
- Band 9 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 in 2019 – Topic: Describe an occasion that you wore formal clothes
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Sample: A time you invited family or friends to have dinner at home or restaurants
- Describe an occasion when you showed something new to younger people
- What the game was
- When you played it
- Who you played it with
- How you felt about the game
As a child I enjoyed playing chess. It is probably the best known board game in the world, where two players try to defeat the other by taking his or her pieces and finally trapping his King. This final move is called checkmate.
You probably know the Western version of this game, which is known as King chess. The former is more popular among younger generations, whereas the latter is mostly played by older people. I personally enjoy both of them equally.
These games are difficult in that you have think to ahead and plan your steps carefully, while keeping an eye on your opponent’s moves. This is exactly the kind of challenge that I relish, and I feel excited whenever I manage to outwit the other player.
Chess games are also a good way to build a bond with your friends, since they encourage healthy rivalry and prevent you from being arrogant, because there’s always someone who’s able to beat you.
By Le Minh IELTS Band 8.5
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 with Band 9 Model Answer – Topic: Rubbish/ Garbage - September 13, 2019
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic with Band 9 Sample – Topic: Social Network - September 13, 2019
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic with Model Answer – Topic: Driving - September 13, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!