Describe a place you would like to visit – IELTS Cue Card
Limited-Time Offer : Access a FREE 10-Day IELTS Study Plan!
In IELTS Speaking, to get Band 8.0+, you should focus on one idea only and then expand that idea into a long meaningful sentence using grammar patterns and vocabulary. So, with this cue card, practise for your IELTS Speaking Part 2.
Describe a place you would like to visit.
You should say:
- where it is
- what the main attractions are
- how you know this place
- and explain why you want to visit this place.
Sample Answer 1
I am a travelling buff. I feel alive when on the road than spending my days and nights in the same city. Although I have plenty of to-visit places on my checklist, I would like to visit Rishikesh if I have to choose only one.
Situated in the state of Uttarakhand, Rishikesh is a city in the Himalayan foothills beside the Ganges river. The town is renowned as the yoga capital of the World. There are temples and ashrams on the eastern bank of the city.
Error: Your Requested widget " custom_html-22" is not in the widget list.
- [do_widget_area copy-right-sec]
- [do_widget id="text-2"]
- [do_widget_area counseling-section-button]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-20"]
- [do_widget_area counseling-section-mobile]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-21"]
- [do_widget_area counseling-section-text]
- [do_widget id="text-3"]
- [do_widget_area footer-sidebar-1]
- [do_widget id="nav_menu-4"]
- [do_widget_area footer-sidebar-2]
- [do_widget id="nav_menu-6"]
- [do_widget_area footer-sidebar-3]
- [do_widget id="nav_menu-7"]
- [do_widget_area footer-sidebar-4]
- [do_widget id="nav_menu-8"]
- [do_widget_area sidebar-1]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-13"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-48"]
- [do_widget id="media_image-2"]
- [do_widget id="media_image-3"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-18"]
- [do_widget_area widgets_for_shortcodes]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-66"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-65"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-64"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-63"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-62"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-60"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-56"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-55"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-54"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-53"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-52"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-51"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-50"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-47"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-39"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-38"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-37"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-36"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-35"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-34"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-33"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-32"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-31"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-30"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-59"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-29"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-58"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-57"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-22"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-23"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-24"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-25"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-26"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-28"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-27"]
- [do_widget_area wp_inactive_widgets]
The town features plenty of mesmerising places capable of holding your attention. Right from indulging in adventurous activities, such as river rafting and bungee jumping, we can relish our breakfast at the riverside cafes that offer sights to behold. And then, we can roam around several shops lined along the Laxman Jhula. We can also visit the Ghat to submerge into the stunning tranquillity of Ganga Aarti in the evening.
Considering I live in a nearby state, I have always been familiar with Rishikesh. However, my interest in this city grew manifold when I found out that my favourite English rock band – Beatles- visited this place in the 60s. The band sought spirituality and spent their time at the Maharishi Mahesh Yogi Ashram. Not just that, even Steve Jobs and Mark Zuckerberg have spent time in the ashrams of Rishikesh, seeking their purpose in life.
One of the primary reasons to visit Rishikesh is to take a getaway from the hustle-bustle of my daily life. I wish to spend some days connecting with my inner soul through spirituality and gain peace of mind.
- Soothing: Pleasant
Eg: The weather is very soothing.
- Journal: Diary
Eg: She gifted me a journal on New Years.
- Iconic: Specialty
Eg: Dancing Bhangra on weddings is his iconic move.
- Abbey: a type of monastery used by members of a religious order under the governance of an abbot or abbess
Eg: She decided to visit the abbey after she finished her work.
Sample Answer 2
Unlock Sample Answers
If you want to have a look at the remaining sample answers, Login / Signup!
Travelling has always been my passion since I was a kid. I used to visit at least one place in my summer vacation for as long as I can remember. It was like a tradition. I kept a journal. Although I don’t write regularly, I keep a note of everything I feel good about or find attractive. There is a special section in my journal where I write down about the places I want to visit in the near future. A place I especially want to visit once in my lifetime is London.
The city has a very soothing weather. However, what drew my attention was the beautiful greenery of the city. The capital city of England has a lot of things to show us, from the Iconic Ferris wheel, popularly known as the London Eye, Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace, St. Paul’s Cathedral, and many other places.
Most of the classics are filmed in London, and needless to say, it is pretty. The set of Little Women, The Pride and Prejudice, and even modern movies like Enola Holmes and Bridgerton have beautiful backgrounds and beauty. The lush green trees of Groton are gorgeous. The rocky valley of Derbyshire is so pretty and calm. So many poets like Wordsworth have beautifully described the city of London in their Sonnets. His poem “Upon Westminster Bridge” is one of my very favourite poems.
It is for all these reasons that I want to visit the place. I have heard and read about it. To some extent, I’ve virtually witnessed it, too, but there is a vast difference between feeling it by your own skin. I want to feel the London rain. I want to smell the sweet smell of the green grass in the countryside and feel the beautiful busy life of the city.
Sample Answer 3
Since childhood, I have loved exploring new places, especially near the ocean, sea, or river. So, some places from all over the world found their place on my travel bucket list. One such place that I would like to visit when I get the right opportunity and travel partner is the Santorini island in Greece.
Being a volcanic island surrounded by the southern Aegean Sea, Santorini or Thira is famous for dramatic views, stunning sunsets from Oia town, blue-green water around Fira, the Venetian Castle in Akrotiri and the incredible views from the tower La Ponta. Apart from that, there are naturally fantastic beaches such as the beach of Perissa and the black pebble beach of Kamari. Besides the above iconic tourist places, the active volcano on the island has its own share of sightseers.
In school, I used to spend most of my free periods in the library. So, one day, while I was going through a travel magazine, I found a breathtaking place with cubic white house-like structures and blue-green sea all around. At first glance, I was mesmerized by the heavenly images on the pages of the book. That was my first encounter with Santorini and since then, I have been in love with those images.
Other than being a travel buff, I also love the history of Greece. There are many myths about this island, which is one of the five Cycladic islands. For example, many believe that Santorini was the original home of the lost city of Atlantis, which disappeared into the depths of the ocean. I would also like to enjoy the boat excursions, popular cruises and vineyard touring. Moreover, the candy-coloured houses along the cliffs, the clear blue water, the peaceful beaches, and the kaleidoscopic sunsets urge me to visit this remarkable island.