IELTS Cue Card for IELTS Speaking Part 2:
Describe a difficult decision that you made.
You should say:
what decision it was
what difficulties you faced
how you made the decision
and explain why it was a difficult decision.
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 52 – Topic: A Special Toy
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 50 – Topic: A Meal You Had With Your Friends
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 48 – Topic: A Goal that You Have
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 46 – Topic: local news people interested in
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 44 – Topic: A TV Program that Made You Laugh
BAND 9.0 SAMPLE ANSWER:
It was when I prepared the application form for the university entrance exam that I had to make an important but difficult decision. At that time, I was at a crossroads, where I had to decide which university to apply for. Actually, my interest was in economics, which was taught in two separate universities, one of which specialized in international trade while the other focused more on the national economy. Fortunately, my sister, who graduated from an economics college, gave me some sound advice. Having weighed up the pros and cons of each school, she encouraged me to choose the university specializing in international trade. Finally, I applied for this school after thinking carefully about all the options. At present, I feel so satisfied with the learning environment of this university that I am always thankful for my decision as well as my sister‟s advice. Without her guidance, I probably wouldn‟t be as content with my university life as I am.
at a crossroads: [expression] at an important point in someone‟s life or development. Example: His life was at a crossroads – whether to join the army or to continue studying at university.
sound advice: [adjective and noun combination] sensible and reliable advice. Example: My parents gave me sound advice about my choice of career.
weighed up the pros and cons: [expression] considered carefully the advantages and disadvantages of something. Example: Having weighed up the pros and cons, I decided that it would be more useful for me to learn English rather than French.
learning environment: [noun phrase] the conditions that affect the behaviour and development of people who are learning a subject. Example: The school had the latest technology, the buildings were modern and the teachers were very helpful – it was the perfect learning environment.
Latest posts by (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (Sep 2019 – April 2020) & Sample Answers - August 20, 2019
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- Cambridge IELTS Series (1 – 14) for Academic and General Training Modules - April 22, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
- 101 IELTS Reading Past Papers With Answers - January 23, 2019
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) with Model Answers - December 25, 2018
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio [Latest Update] - December 21, 2018
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - December 20, 2018
- HIGH SCORING IELTS SPEAKING MODEL ANSWERS WITH AUDIO (BASED ON PAST PAPERS) - October 25, 2018
- IELTS Speaking Actual Tests (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - September 22, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topics in 2019 & Sample Answers - September 11, 2017
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Questions (2013 – 2018) & Model Answers - July 19, 2017
- IELTS Magazine – Week 1 (PDF) - May 20, 2017
- Useful IELTS Reading Websites & Resources for both Academic & General Training Module - April 28, 2017
- IELTS Writing Recent Actual Tests in 2018 & Band 8.0+ Sample Answers (Updating) - February 26, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Lessons - February 21, 2017
- Advanced Vocabulary List for IELTS - January 24, 2017
- 42 Topics for IELTS Speaking Part 1 and Suggested Answers (PDF) - April 14, 2016
- IELTS Target Band 7: How to Maximize Your Score (Ebook) - March 29, 2016
- Ace the IELTS: IELTS General Module – How to Maximize Your Score (3rd edition) - October 10, 2015
- IELTS Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you spent a lot of money on something - September 20, 2019
- Band 8 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Photographs - September 20, 2019
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 with Band 9 Model Answer – Topic: Rubbish/ Garbage - September 13, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!