Something Important- Cue Cards
Order of importance varies among people. Some of us give priority to work while others to home. Also, it may change over a period of time. What seemed important to you when you were a kid may become less important as you grow old. It is interesting to study the human psyche and the way in which it attaches importance to things or people.
So, you need not worry if your sense of importance will be appreciated by the examiner. You can call anything important provided you can talk fluently about it.
Now, let’s take a quick look at the vocabulary.
|paramount||Important – To the highest degree|
|pivotal||Very important w.r.t to the growth of another entity|
|predominant||The key element.|
There are words to describe order of importance.
|Principal||Identified as the first important thing/.person|
To use the 1 minute preparation time effectively, focus on the vocabulary and the object under question. Try to relate the vocabulary you know with the object. Then arrive at a meaningful talk.
It is easy to become spontaneous when answering this question, because we are talking about how the object or conversation or person has brought about a change in our lives. Since it is a transformative experience, our memory will not let us down. You just need to put the right words in the right order. You may rest assured that you will score a band 9.
Given below are a list of oft repeated IELTS cue cards for the topic – Something Important
- Describe An Important Change In Your Life
- Describe Something You Own Which is Very Important to You
- Describe a Festival that is Important in your Country
- Describe an Important Conversation that Influenced You
- Describe a gift you have received that was important to you
- Describe an important historical event in your country
- Describe an important letter or email you wrote
- Describe a traffic rule or law you know about
- Describe a time when you forgot something important
- Describe an important decision that you made with the help of others
- Describe Something you Have always Wanted to do but Have not Done Yet
- Describe Something Important You Have Learned Recently
- Describe Something Important That you Bought Recently