Describe an important decision you made with the help of others
You should say:
- Band 9 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 2: Describe a present you received which was made by hand
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Band 9 Sample – Topic: Describe an important plant in your country
- Band 9 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 in 2019 – Topic: Describe an occasion that you wore formal clothes
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Sample: A time you invited family or friends to have dinner at home or restaurants
- Describe an occasion when you showed something new to younger people
- what it was about;
- who helped you make this decision;
- what happened after the decision was made;
- and explain how you felt about the decision.
Last year I was working in an international company and doing quite well, so I was offered a big promotion to become a manager. But I had also been looking for opportunities to study abroad, and received an offer from a prestigious university around the same time I got the job offer. It was a scholarship that would cover all expenses, including tuition and accommodation, an enviable package.
Apparently I was in a dilemma, not knowing whether to stay and further my career or to go and further my education. So I decided to ask my friend, Hugo, for his advice, because he once faced a very similar choice. He was like, If you want to go far in this field, you have to possess excellent qualifications, because if you don’t there’s a limit to how far up you can reach, this promotion may look good now, but as far as I see there’s little room left for development.
I took his advice and am now studying in America.
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!