IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topic:
Describe a time someone or something made noise.
- IELTS Speaking Part 1, 2 & 3 Topic in 2018: Daily Routine & Sample Answers
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 109 – Topic: A positive experience when you were a teenager
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 107 – Topic: Describe a time you were friendly to someone you didn’t like
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 105 Topic: A situation made you angry
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 101 Topic: An age/stage you enjoyed most
You should say:
- when this happened
- who this person was/what this thing was
- what kinds of noise was
- and explain what you did when you heard the noise.
I would like to tell you an occasion when my neighbor renovated his building which is next to my house the last weekend. The noise of drills, hammer, other power tools, and the shout from workers were extremely bothering to me.
I heard that there had been some problem with water leaking in their house, thus, they needed to rip the floor out to find the problem of water pipe system hidden inside. Besides, they also took that chance to re-decorate their house. That’s why the noise of hammers, saws, drills seemed endless on the whole day. Because the owners didn’t have much time off from work, they had to begin very soon in the morning. I must say that the staccato hammer drill at the crack of dawn woke up all of citizens in the neighbour, and prevented us from going back to sleep again. As my house is next to theirs, I almost could feel that the walls shook and it drove me insane.
Though being so bothered by the noise, I couldn’t do anything but for standing it, hoping it could end as soon as possible. After 2 hours, I nearly went crazy with that noise, so I called up my friends and asked them out for cafe and shopping.
- drive sbd insane: make sb extremely bothered
Ex: The noise from the bar nearby drove me insane.
- Staccato: short and not sounding connected
- crack of dawn: the early part of the morning when the sun first appears
- Nearly: almost
- Go crazy: to become very angry about something
- Ask out: to invite someone to go out
Ex: Mr. Bill asked his girlfriend out to dinner, but she had other plans. And then they fell out with each other.
Latest posts by IELTS Expert (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1, 2, 3 Topic: Work/Job & Model Answers - April 7, 2018
- IELTS Speaking Part 1, 2, 3 Topic in 2018: Language & Model Answers - March 31, 2018
- IELTS Speaking Part 1, 2 & 3 Topic in 2018: Daily Routine & Sample Answers - March 29, 2018
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!