Hey! It’s fun time. Are you a techie always engrossed in your iphone? Then it’s time you express yourself. If you are adept at solving crosswords or puzzles, then this is the chance to brag about it. There is someone willing to listen.
And yes, you need some vocabulary too. Let’s take a look at them.
|Bookworm||If reading is your favourite activity|
|Melomaniac||If you are fond of music|
|whiz||Good at solving problems|
|Crossword fanatic||Good at solving crosswords|
In the 1 minute given for preparation, you are at crossroads. The two options are:
- An activity you’re very fond of, but have less information about
- An activity you don’t like much, but have a lot of information about
Be wise and choose option 2, because you should talk until the examiner asks you to stop. So go against your liking , make the smart choice and prepare points. You will appreciate yourself later.
When you choose option 1, you may be at a loss of words or may lack ideas. So don’t tempt fate by choosing something that you cannot talk about at length.
When you prepare for IELTS, decide on things you like and make a list. Learn new words related to them along with their pronunciation. Practise using them in the right context. These will be of great help when you take the Speaking test. Remember you need not dive deep into any subject matter. Focus on the language needed. The examiner is going to rate you based on fluency and pronunciation and not on the information you provide.
Given below are a list of oft repeated IELTS cue cards for the topic – Activity
- Describe An free time activity you like to do after study or work
- A recent activity or event that made you happy
- Art or craft activity you did at school
- Describe a Leisure Activity (A Game, Hobby, or Sport) That is Popular in your Country
- Describe an Indoor Game you have Enjoyed Playing in your Free Time
- Describe an indoor game that you played in your childhood
- Describe a game you play on your cell phone
- Describe an activity you recently took part in