IELTS Cue Card Topic:
Describe a game or sport that you enjoy playing.
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 73 – Topic: Describe a Language other than English you would like to learn
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 72 – Topic: Describe an Bike/ Car Trip
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 71 – Topic: Describe an Advertisement
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 67 – Topic: Describe a Skill
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topics in 2019 & Sample Answers
You should say:
– what kind of sport that is;
– who you play it with;
– where you play it;
and explain why you think doing this is healthy.
Band 8.0+ Sample Answer
I’m not a great swimmer in any sense but swimming is like my religion. It is truly refreshing and literally, washes away every disturbing thought I have whenever I dive into cold water. No matter how tight my schedule may get, I usually pay at least one visit to a local swimming pool to work myself up and get rejuvenated.
Sometimes, I have a partner or two, who have been my best friends since high school. We live in the same neighborhood so it’s not too stressful when we have to set a schedule for our swimming session. We carpool more often than not and it takes us roughly 15 minutes to get to the local recreation center where it provides the locals with a variety of facilities for training purpose such as gym class, stadium, swimming pool, tennis court and so on, which is extremely convenient for those who practice more than one activity. The only thing better then swimming itself is swimming with your besties, which is one of hundreds of things I love about my weekly ritual. Hardly do we have time to meet each other during week days as we’re all up to our neck at work and totally stressed out. Therefore, having such a healthy way to catch up with my friends and recharge battery after an exhausting week never sounds better. Just like any other sports, swimming helps maintain your health, keep you fit as well as build your endurance. However, unlike others, it’s a very relaxing and peaceful form of exercise, you don’t even sweat for hours – a supreme advantage. Therefore, if you’re looking for a kind of sport that brings you comfort and relaxation, swimming should be your first choice.
Vocabulary & Useful expression
- refreshing (a): making you feel less tired or hot
- literally (adv): in a literal manner or sense; exactly
- disturbing (a): making you feel anxious and upset or shocked
- work up: make yourself or another person excited or upset
- rejuvenate (v): make somebody/something look or feel younger, more lively or more modern
- more often than not: usually
- recreation center: a building that is open to the public where meetings are held, sports are played, and there are activities available for young and old people
- ritual (n): something that is done regularly and always in the same way
- be up to neck: to be very busy
- endurance (n): the ability to continue doing something painful or difficult for a long period of time without complaining
Latest posts by Alessa (see all)
- State-Of-The-Art – Word Of The Day For IELTS - April 27, 2017
- Aggravate – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking & Writing - March 17, 2017
- Bring Something To Bear – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - March 17, 2017
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!