Describe a sport match you have watched.
You should say:
What it is
When you watched it
How was it
And explain why you liked watching it.
- IELTS Speaking Part 1, 2, 3 Topic in 2018: Language & Model Answers
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topics (September – December 2017) – Latest Update
- IELTS Speaking Questions (Part 1, 2, 3) – Topic: Travel & Holidays & Suggested Answers
- Recent IELTS Speaking Exam in Peru – Feb 2019 with Band 9 Model Answers
- IELTS Speaking Test in October 2018 with Band 9 Model Answers with Audio
Well, football is the only sport program that I usually watch with my brother. I’m terrible at playing football but watching a football match is my favorite. Both home and away games bring me a lot of levels of emotion. However, today I would like to tell about a match that I did not care about the score.
There was an occasion a few years ago when I went to watch a football match in a town about half an hour from where I live by bike. It was a charity match to collect funds for the local school – and it was very well attended. I think there must have been over 5,000 people there, which isn’t bad because there weren’t any star players. The atmosphere was so exciting that it encouraged the players a lot as soon as they came into the football pitch with the referee. My brother and I 100 percent focused on the match and provoked the players in two teams for their fair play.
I am really deep into this football match for a number of reasons. Firstly, the players in two teams are not the professors, but they really ensured fair play and no red and yellow cards were released. Secondly, because of the charity aim of the match, the ticket fair then was donated for this local school and poor children, so I felt happy to contribute something to help other people.
In fact, it is the most unforgettable match that I have ever lively watched.
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (May – August) & Sample Answers - October 20, 2018
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!