Describe a sport match you have watched.
You should say:
What it is
When you watched it
How was it
And explain why you liked watching it.
- IELTS Speaking Part 1, 2, 3 Topic in 2018: Language & Model Answers
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topics (September – December 2017) – Latest Update
- IELTS Speaking Questions (Part 1, 2, 3) – Topic: Travel & Holidays & Suggested Answers
- Recent IELTS Speaking Exam in Peru – Feb 2019 with Band 9 Model Answers
- IELTS Speaking Test in October 2018 with Band 9 Model Answers with Audio
Well, football is the only sport program that I usually watch with my brother. I’m terrible at playing football but watching a football match is my favorite. Both home and away games bring me a lot of levels of emotion. However, today I would like to tell about a match that I did not care about the score.
There was an occasion a few years ago when I went to watch a football match in a town about half an hour from where I live by bike. It was a charity match to collect funds for the local school – and it was very well attended. I think there must have been over 5,000 people there, which isn’t bad because there weren’t any star players. The atmosphere was so exciting that it encouraged the players a lot as soon as they came into the football pitch with the referee. My brother and I 100 percent focused on the match and provoked the players in two teams for their fair play.
I am really deep into this football match for a number of reasons. Firstly, the players in two teams are not the professors, but they really ensured fair play and no red and yellow cards were released. Secondly, because of the charity aim of the match, the ticket fair then was donated for this local school and poor children, so I felt happy to contribute something to help other people.
In fact, it is the most unforgettable match that I have ever lively watched.
Latest posts by (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (Sep 2019 – April 2020) & Sample Answers - August 20, 2019
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- Cambridge IELTS Series (1 – 14) for Academic and General Training Modules - April 22, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
- 101 IELTS Reading Past Papers With Answers - January 23, 2019
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) with Model Answers - December 25, 2018
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio [Latest Update] - December 21, 2018
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - December 20, 2018
- HIGH SCORING IELTS SPEAKING MODEL ANSWERS WITH AUDIO (BASED ON PAST PAPERS) - October 25, 2018
- IELTS Speaking Actual Tests (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - September 22, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topics in 2019 & Sample Answers - September 11, 2017
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Questions (2013 – 2018) & Model Answers - July 19, 2017
- IELTS Magazine – Week 1 (PDF) - May 20, 2017
- Useful IELTS Reading Websites & Resources for both Academic & General Training Module - April 28, 2017
- IELTS Writing Recent Actual Tests in 2018 & Band 8.0+ Sample Answers (Updating) - February 26, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Lessons - February 21, 2017
- Advanced Vocabulary List for IELTS - January 24, 2017
- 42 Topics for IELTS Speaking Part 1 and Suggested Answers (PDF) - April 14, 2016
- IELTS Target Band 7: How to Maximize Your Score (Ebook) - March 29, 2016
- Ace the IELTS: IELTS General Module – How to Maximize Your Score (3rd edition) - October 10, 2015
- IELTS Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you spent a lot of money on something - September 20, 2019
- Band 8 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Photographs - September 20, 2019
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 with Band 9 Model Answer – Topic: Rubbish/ Garbage - September 13, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!