Describe A water sport you would like to try in the future – IELTS Speaking Part 2 Sample
Describe a water sport you would like to try in the future
You should say
- What is it
- Where you will do it
- Whether it is easy or difficult
- Why would you like to try it
I’m going to talk about snorkelling, which is quite popular nowadays but for some reasons, I haven’t had the chance to try. So you can do this sport pretty much everywhere provided that there’s a body of water, preferably a beach with some beautiful submarine landscape.
I’ve heard that the ideal place to go is Coron island where there’s gorgeous coral. If you can afford overseas travel, there’s plenty to choose from, like the Great Barrier Reef in Australia.
The equipment required for this sport is quite simple. You just need a snorkel to help you breathe underwater. It is better to wear a mask to prevent water from coming into your eyes and fins to swim faster.
I think that there are only certain areas off a beach where you can safely dive. And also we should not get too far away from the shore or the boat. Anyway, I think I’ll try this sport sometime this summer when it gets too hot in the city.
- Snorkelling: Swim using a snorkel [snorkel – a tube for a swimmer to breathe through while under water]
Eg: The sea is clear and seems to be a good time to do snorkelling.
- A body of water: Any significant accumulation of water, generally on a planet’s surface. The term most often refers to oceans, seas, and lakes, but it includes smaller pools of water such as ponds, wetlands, or more rarely, puddles.
Eg: This is a polluted body of water
- Submarine: Existing, occurring, or used under the surface of the sea.
Eg: The internet connection was down due to submarine cable failure.
- Gorgeous: Beautiful; very attractive.
Eg: Emily was looking gorgeous in her pink velvet gown.
- Overseas: From, to, or relating to a foreign country, especially one across the sea.
Eg: The new project required short overseas travel from time to time.
- Dive: Plunge head first into water with one’s arms raised over one’s head.
Eg: She positioned her hands straight upwards and dived into the pool.
Also check :