Describe an outdoor sport you played for the first time
You should say:
– What you did
– When and where you did it
– How you felt about it later
- IELTS Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you spent a lot of money on something
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 84 Topic: Describe a favourite song that you like
- IETLS Cue Card Sample: Describe a decision you disagreed with
- IELTS Speaking Practice Test 1 in 2019 with Model Answers
- IELTS Speaking test in India – January 2018 with Sample Answers
I’m going to talk about snorkeling, which is quite popular nowadays but for some reason I have only tried once recently. So you can do this sport pretty much everywhere provided there’s a body of water, preferably a beach with some beautiful submarine landscapes.
In my country the ideal place to go is ABC island where there’s gorgeous coral, and I was there for my first experience with snorkelling. If you can afford overseas travel there’s plenty to choose from, like the Great Barrier Reef in Australia.
The equipment required for this sport is quite simple, you just need a snorkel to help you breathe underwater. Obviously it is better to wear a mask to prevent water from coming into your eyes and fins to swim faster.
It was wonderful being underwater and looking at beautiful marine animals and plants. But I had to be very careful so as to avoid touching them. I also had to stay close to the shore because you know, it is quite easy to get distracted and swim to a place that is not very safe.