Describe an outdoor sport you played for the first time – IELTS Band 8 Sample
Describe an outdoor sport you played for the first time
You should say:
- What you did
- When and where you did it
- How you felt about it later
I’m going to talk about snorkelling, which is quite popular nowadays, but for some reason I have only tried once recently. You can do this sport pretty much everywhere provided there’s a body of water, preferably a beach with some beautiful submarine landscapes.
In my country the ideal place to go is ABC island where there’s gorgeous coral, and I was there for my first experience with snorkelling. If you can afford overseas travel, there’s plenty to choose from, like the Great Barrier Reef in Australia.
The equipment required for this sport is quite simple – you just need a snorkel to help you breathe underwater. Obviously it is better to wear a mask to prevent water from coming into your eyes and fins to swim faster.
It was wonderful being underwater and looking at beautiful marine animals and plants. But I had to be very careful to avoid touching them. I also had to stay close to the shore because you know, it is quite easy to get distracted and swim to a place that is not very safe.
- Snorkel: a tube that you hold in your mouth to help you breathe if you are swimming with your face underwater
Eg: My family went snorkeling in the Australian beaches.
- Landscape: a large area of countryside, especially in relation to its appearance
Eg: The landscape of the amusement park is mesmerizing.
- Marine: relating to or found in the sea.
Eg: Starfish is a part of the marine kingdom.
- Distracted: unable to concentrate because one is preoccupied by something worrying or unpleasant.
Eg: The girl was sent out of the classroom as she got distracted during the class.
Also check :