Describe a sport that you have learned – IELTS Cue Card Sample 53
Describe a sport that you have learned.
You should say:
- what sport it is
- when you learned it
- what you learned to do and explain how you feel about this sport.
Here is the sample for “describe a sport that you have learned” topic
Basketball is a sport which I have been interested in for a long time. Therefore, I have taken up this sport recently. Basketball is played by two teams of five members on a rectangular court, where the players of each team try to shoot the ball through their opponent’s hoop.
As far as I know, basketball is one of the most popular sports in the world. This is because of basketball’s great benefits to our health, such as muscular development, height growth, and so on. Of course, it’s also fast-moving and exciting. I decided to take up this sport considering these advantages. Actually, I have been learning it for three months at a sport center. Here, I am taking the beginner course which provides me with basic skills to play basketball such as dribbling, jumping and shooting. I also have many opportunities to practise these skills with experienced basketball players, which helps to improve my game a lot.
As a final point, I would emphasize that in the near future, I hope that I will be able to play basketball skillfully to improve my physical condition and really enjoy the sport to the fullest.
Here are the vocabularies for “describe a sport that you have learned” with examples:
- Take up: [phrasal verb] learn or start to do something.
Eg: I decided to take up a new hobby – jogging.
- Rival: [noun] a person, team, or company which competes with another in sport or business.
Eg: Nike and Adidas are rivals in the sportswear business.
- Hoop: [noun] the ring through which players throw the ball in basketball to score points.
Eg: The best basketball players consistently shoot the ball through the hoop.
- Muscular development: [expression] the process by which your muscles become stronger.
Eg: He uses the equipment at the gym every day in order to increase his muscular development.
- Dribbling: [gerund] a way of moving the ball with several short bounces on the basketball court.
Eg: I practice running and bouncing the ball in order to improve my dribbling for basketball.
- To the full: [adverb] to the greatest possible degree.
Eg: Staying fit and healthy helps us to enjoy life to the full.
Also check :