- 1 IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Sports
- 2 IELTS Speaking Actual tests Jan - May 2020 with suggested answers)
IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Sports
1. Do you like to watch sports on TV?
Not at all! I despise (hate) it. I get extremely bored and disinterested. I usually try to avoid watching sports on TV at all costs unless it’s an exciting event, like the World Cup or Super Bowl. In that case, I go for the social event rather than the game itself.
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic with Sample – Topic: Reading
- Band 9 Sample for Common IELTS Speaking Part 1 – Topic: Music
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 in 2018 – Topic & Questions: Politeness & Band 8.0 Sample
- 2017 IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Patience & Model Answers
- Band 9 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic : do you like Running
2. Do you play any sports?
Not anymore. I was an avid (enthusiastic) swimmer as a child, but I gave that up after high school, as it was quite time-consuming. Nowadays, I enjoy going to the gym, running around the lake by my house, and going on mountain treks. I’m not sure if these are considered sports, but I’m really into physical activity.
3. Which is the popular sports in your country?
Soccer of course! As soccer is the sport of the world, that would be number one. People go wild when our team wins a game- they even drive around waving flags, blocking off the streets! Apart from this, many people enjoy playing tennis and doing martial arts.
4. Who is your favorite sports star?
As I’m not a big sports fan, I don’t really have one. However, I think I may like Cristiano Ronaldo. Although I don’t know anything about him or his athletic abilities, I think I’ve always been drawn to him (attracted to) because of his looks.
5. What kinds of sports would you like to try in the future?
I’m really intrigued by soccer. I think it’s something that can really connect people, as well as is good cardiovascular and coordination activity. Actually, I wish I had gotten into it as a child. I think it would be interesting to join a league in my city.