Describe A Toy you liked in your Childhood: IELTS Cue Card Sample 52
Describe your favourite toy./Talk about a toy you liked in your childhood
You should say:
- what it was
- who gave it to you
- how often you played with it (or, how you played with it)
- and explain why it was special for you.
I remember when I was young, I was keen on watching the cartoon called “The many adventures of Winnie the Pooh”, so much that I kept pestering my father for the stuffed bear Winnie the Pooh. Finally, my father gave me one as a present for my 6th birthday. When I got this toy, I jumped for joy and paid no attention to my other presents.
This stuffed bear was, incredibly, identical to the character in the cartoon I had watched. He also had a short red shirt and was holding a jar of honey which was his favorite food. Therefore, I felt as if he had come from the movie.
Since then, I considered him my closest friend and I couldn’t go anywhere without him, even when I went to sleep. Every day, I talked with the bear and told him about my daily routine. Unfortunately, I lost the bear at an amusement center, which made me cry for almost a week. At that time, I felt like I had lost a good friend who I could share everything with. At present, whenever I watch this cartoon or see any photos of Winnie the Pooh, all the wonderful memories about him are brought back. Thanks to the bear, I experienced a happy childhood.
- Was keen on: [phrasal verb] was eager to/was enthusiastic about
Eg: He was keen on fishing when he was a boy, and he still loves to go fishing at weekends.
- Pestering: [verb] annoying someone by asking them many times.
Eg: In the shop, some children were pestering their mother to buy ice-cream.
- Stuffed bear: [noun] a toy in the shape of a bear, made of cloth and filled with soft material.
Eg: Stuffed bears have always been popular as toys for young children.
- Identical to: [adjective] exactly the same as someone or something else.
Eg: His sports bag is identical to mine, and as a result one day I took his bag by mistake.
- Amusement center: [noun] a center which has a lot of things which you can play on and many different activities to enjoy.
Eg: Our city has a huge shopping mall, and it has a fantastic amusement center for children to play while their parents are shopping.