IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topic:
Describe an interesting conversation you had with other people.
You should say:
- IELTS Speaking Part 1, 2 & 3 Topic in 2018: Daily Routine & Sample Answers
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 109 – Topic: A positive experience when you were a teenager
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 107 – Topic: Describe a time you were friendly to someone you didn’t like
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 105 Topic: A situation made you angry
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 101 Topic: An age/stage you enjoyed most
- who the person was
- where and when you talked with the person
- what you talked about with the person
- and explain why it was interesting.
I would like to share with you one of the most interesting conversations I had with my teacher about my university choice.
To be honest, at that time, I was so confused with a lot of choices that I was totally exhausted. It was a tough decision for me because university was a turning point for my future career prospect. If I chose wrong, I would waste a lot of time and efforts. The hardest part, I think, was to balance between my possibility to be admitted and the suitability between my potentials and the field of the university. I had chosen a famous and high-ranked university, but I wondered whether I was qualified enough to register for it.
As it was the first time I had to make such big decision, I came to my dear teacher to ask for some advice as she had a lot of experience in every field. After listening carefully to my explanation, she asked me why I chose that university. I told her that because I was impressive with their teaching methods and extracurricular activities. Besides, as their students were highly qualified, I thought I can build up a good network there and learn a lot from them. Then, she asked what made me afraid of this choice, I answered that’s I wondered if I were excellent enough to be admitted. She smiled when I said so, and calmed me down by saying that I were among the most outstanding students she had had, and she was extremely confident that I could manage to meet their requirements. However, she implied that I shouldn’t worry too much about failure, instead, I should make a concerted effort to reach the goal I set, thus, in the end, though the consequence was good or bad, there would be no regrets. Her words really made me inspired that it could released all my fears and worries.
This conversation was interesting to me because apart from positive advice, she also helped to calm me down, thus, made me focus more on studying to achieve my goals. Then, I got a satisfied results for my application and had a wonderful university life. Until now, I still feel thankful to her for that interesting conversation.
- build up: expand
- extracurricular activities: activities students do outside class: volunteer campaign, …
Ex: Students nowadays should pay enough attention to extracurricular activities, because it can help them to practice soft skills while building up a strong network.
- calm sb down: make other people calm, release them from stress and pressure.
Ex: A cup of coffee can help calm you down in a busy working day.
- Concerted: Deliberate and determined
- Reach/attain/achieve a goal
- Set/ establish a goal
- meet the requirement: be qualified enough
Ex: Finally, I managed to meet their requirements for dairy products supplier.
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by IELTS Expert (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1, 2, 3 Topic: Work/Job & Model Answers - April 7, 2018
- IELTS Speaking Part 1, 2, 3 Topic in 2018: Language & Model Answers - March 31, 2018
- IELTS Speaking Part 1, 2 & 3 Topic in 2018: Daily Routine & Sample Answers - March 29, 2018