IELTS CUE CARD FOR IELTS SPEAKING:
Describe something you do that keeps you fit. (or, that helps to keep you fit)
You should say:
what it is
how often you do it
how you do it (or, how easy or difficult it is to do) and explain how it helps to keep you fit.
BAND 9.0 SAMPLE ANSWER:
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 52 – Topic: A Special Toy
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 50 – Topic: A Meal You Had With Your Friends
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 48 – Topic: A Goal that You Have
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 46 – Topic: local news people interested in
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 44 – Topic: A TV Program that Made You Laugh
Nowadays, keeping fit is everyone’s concern and I am no exception. Since I am a full time employee, I can‟t arrange time to go to the gym as often as when I was a student.
However, in order to stay fit, I register for a hip hop class, which is held twice a week. – Unlike running on the treadmill, dancing is more fun. It helps me burn a lot of energy. In addition, it enhances my flexibility with a lot of stretching movements. Dancing also allows me to work on all the parts of my body. You might look at dancers and think that dancing is light and easy, but you are wrong. In order to be that flexible and light, dancers have to work on their core muscles to maintain their stamina. Dancing can help burn as many as 360 calories in just an hour of intensive training.
By maintaining a schedule of dancing twice a week, I successfully manage to keep fit. Not only that, dancing helps me relax after a busy day at work and my mind is always fresh and alert during and after the class.
keep fit [verb phrase] do physical exercises to improve your strength and stay healthy. Example: Keeping fit is especially important for people who spend a lot of their time at their desks, working or studying.
hip hop: [noun] a type of music [usually with words] played with a regular beat on electronic instruments. Example: Hip hop is great music for a keep-fit class, because the regular beat is perfect for repeating physical exercises.
treadmill: [noun] an exercise machine with a moving surface that you can run or walk on, while remaining in the same place. Example: You can change the speed on the treadmill in the gym, for running or walking, fast or slow.
burn a lot of energy/burn calories: [verb phrases] use up the energy that we get from our food. Example: Athletes burn a lot of energy, so they need a diet with lots of calories.
flexibility: [noun] the ability to bend easily when we move. Example: Without regular exercise, older people lose their flexibility and they find it more difficult to move easily.
stretch: [verb] to put your arms and legs out straight and contract your muscles. Example: These stretching exercises will strengthen the muscles in your arms and legs.
core muscles: [adjective + noun] the most essential muscles in your body. Example: Dancing is an activity which uses all your core muscles.
stamina: [noun] the physical strength that enables you to do something for a long time.
Example: The event in athletics which demands the most stamina is probably the marathon.
Latest posts by (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (Sep 2019 – April 2020) & Sample Answers - August 20, 2019
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- Cambridge IELTS Series (1 – 14) for Academic and General Training Modules - April 22, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
- 101 IELTS Reading Past Papers With Answers - January 23, 2019
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) with Model Answers - December 25, 2018
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio [Latest Update] - December 21, 2018
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - December 20, 2018
- HIGH SCORING IELTS SPEAKING MODEL ANSWERS WITH AUDIO (BASED ON PAST PAPERS) - October 25, 2018
- IELTS Speaking Actual Tests (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - September 22, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topics in 2019 & Sample Answers - September 11, 2017
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Questions (2013 – 2018) & Model Answers - July 19, 2017
- IELTS Magazine – Week 1 (PDF) - May 20, 2017
- Useful IELTS Reading Websites & Resources for both Academic & General Training Module - April 28, 2017
- IELTS Writing Recent Actual Tests in 2018 & Band 8.0+ Sample Answers (Updating) - February 26, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Lessons - February 21, 2017
- Advanced Vocabulary List for IELTS - January 24, 2017
- 42 Topics for IELTS Speaking Part 1 and Suggested Answers (PDF) - April 14, 2016
- IELTS Target Band 7: How to Maximize Your Score (Ebook) - March 29, 2016
- Ace the IELTS: IELTS General Module – How to Maximize Your Score (3rd edition) - October 10, 2015
- IELTS Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you spent a lot of money on something - September 20, 2019
- Band 8 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Photographs - September 20, 2019
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 with Band 9 Model Answer – Topic: Rubbish/ Garbage - September 13, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!