We all have come across the famous proverb “Health is wealth” at least once in our lifetime. Indeed, health is our biggest wealth, be it physically or mentally, staying healthy is very important in life. Hence health also becomes an important topic in your IELTS cue card section.
You must have some knowledge about general health problems to speak about this topic. Sometimes the examiner might ask you questions related to very common health issues or how you can deal with them. Here you have to use your general knowledge and common sense to deal with the various questions the examiner might ask.
You must keep in mind the fact that here you’ll be judged based on your language and not your knowledge. Don’t panic, and try to maintain fluency even if you feel you are stating the wrong fact. You must speak good words and correct grammar to score well. Here are popular vocabulary related to the topic “Health” that you might use:
|come down with||to become ill with a disease|
|dietary habit||eating similar things regularly|
|in good shape||in good physical condition|
|immunisation||resistant to an infectious disease|
It is advised to make full utilization of the one minute provided in the beginning to collect all the points you’re going to speak. You should be able to speak enough until the examiner asks you to stop. You must not stop in between and try to remember points rather, speak what’s on your mind.
Make use of some good phrases like :
- To be on the mend – to be recovering after ill health.
- Fit as a fiddle – to be in good health
- To feel washed out – to not have much energy after an illness.
You will be rated based on your fluency and not on the information that you provide. So always maintain good fluency and never pause in between.
- Describe a health problem you once had
- Describe something healthy you enjoy doing
- Describe Something you do that keeps you Fit and Healthy
- Describe an article on health you read on magazine or the internet
- Describe a healthy lifestyle you know
- Describe about a sport or exercise that you do for fitness
- Describe an Activity you do for your Health or Fitness
- Describe Something you Have Done that is Good for Your Health
Post your Comments