Describe a free day off study or work
You should say:
- When did you have this relaxing day?
- Where did you spend this day?
- What did you do on that free day?
- And explain why was it relaxing?
I’m pretty busy now so a day off is quite rare to me. But when I do get free time, I would wake up early in the morning for a run. Although I don’t like sweating but it is necessary to stay fit and stay healthy. Afterwards I normally have a full breakfast, getting enough energy for a new day.
I’m a reader so I always have a few books sitting around waiting for me to pick up. I would grab some, put them in my bag then head to a nice cafe in the city centre. My favourite is a rooftop cafe, which allows me to take in the whole city. It is also very quiet so I can concentrate on reading.
At noon I would have lunch with some friends to catch up on each other’s lives. It is also a good chance to try out new cuisine in the city. In the afternoon, I would find some cultural activities nearby, and mind you, there’s always some in the central area. I love going to these events to make new friends and appreciate art.
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- 50 IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 Topics 2020 with Model Answers - January 7, 2020
- IELTS Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you spent a lot of money on something - September 20, 2019
- Band 8 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Photographs - September 20, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!