Describe a quiz program or game show on TV
You should say:
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Sample: Describe a TV program that made you laugh a lot
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you gave advice to others
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Sample: A time when you got up early
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Sample: A water sport you would like to try
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you found something someone lost
What programme is it?
How did you know about it?
How is it organized?
and explain what do you think it is worth watching.
Sample by IELTS Speaking High Scorer
So I’m going to talk about a quiz show called “Who is the millionaire?”. You should know what it’s like because the format is very popular all around the world.
At the start of the show contestants are gathered and will have to answer a multiple choice question to decide who gets to be in the Hot seat. Naturally it’s the person who answers accurately within the shortest time.
When a contestant is selected, he or she will proceed to sit in a chair in the centre and have the opportunity to answer in total 15 questions that get harder over time. For every answer that you get right, you’ll be awarded an amount of money. Apparently if you’re not sure about one particular question, you can always stop the game and go home with the money. But if you’re feeling adventurous you can just go with your instinct. And there’s always three “aids” you can use, for example you can call your friends for help, or choose to have half of the options eliminated.
It’s great fun to watch and I assume also great fun to play! I don’t remember if anyone managed to pass all 15 questions but there must’ve been a few people.
By Le Minh IELTS Band 8.5
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- 50 IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 Topics 2020 with Model Answers - January 7, 2020
- IELTS Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you spent a lot of money on something - September 20, 2019
- Band 8 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Photographs - September 20, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!