Describe a TV drama series you have watched.
You should say:
What it is
Who the actors are
What the most favorite part is
And explain why you like watch it.
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 in 2017 – Topic: English lesson
- IELTS Speaking Actual Test in the UK & Sample Answers
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 Topic in 2017 – Describe a café you enjoy/have been to
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 Topic in 2017 – Describe a time you were not allowed to use mobile phone
- Describe a well-paid job you would like to do/you will be good at in the future
Watching movies is the most effective stress-reliever I’ve ever found; therefore, I spend lots of time following my favorite TV shows or its rebroadcast whenever I’m free from work. Among loads of TV series I’ve watched, nothing can beat Gossip Girls, a show I’d grown obsessed with during my high school years and still haven’t been over it yet till now.
Gossip Girls is an American TV drama series based on the book of the same name which was aired from 2007 to 2012, including six seasons. Gossip Girls follows the lives of privileged teenagers in Manhattan’s Upper East Side with tons of twists and thoughtful moments. There are hundreds of reasons I love the show and I have no doubt why it once was the most popular series with 18 Teen Choice Awards. First of all, the cast is breathtakingly gorgeous. Every one of them. [Serena Van Der Woodsen, a blonde and beautiful socialite and Blair Waldorf, Serena’s best friend and Queen B at their high school are two main lead actresses. Their relationship is like a roller coaster and more than once they become rivals, however, they always come around, which makes the show so beautiful to watch. Nate Archibald is the so-called “golden boy”. Chuck Bass a rich and arrogant person. And finally, Daniel Humphrey a lonely boy from Brooklyn who nobody knows.] They have great chemistry and are all talented actors. Secondly, the show has the finest fashion moments ever. It can be said that Gossip Girls gained most of its reputation thanks to its glamorous and extravagant costume collections. From their main cast to occasional cameos, they always turn heads every time they appear in their stunning outfits. Last but not least, the highlight of the show is a ruthless and notorious blogger, aka Gossip Girls whose identity remains unknown until the very last episode of the whole series, which only entices the TV audiences more. The list can go on and on and I highly recommend the series for those who want to have a glimpse into the lavish lifestyle of the upper-class as well as their fabulous fashion.
- stress-reliever (n): things that help to reduce stress
- rebroadcast (n): a repeated or relayed broadcast
- privileged (a): having special rights or advantages that most people do not have
- socialite (n): a person who goes to a lot of fashionable parties and is often written about in the newspapers, etc.
- come around (phrasal verb): to change one’s opinion or position
- extravagant (a): spending a lot more money or using a lot more of something than you can afford or than is necessary
- cameo (n): a small part in a film/movie or play for a famous actor
- turn head (idiom): attract a great deal of attention or interest
- ruthless (a): (of people or their behaviour) hard and cruel; determined to get what you want and not caring if you hurt other people
- entice (v): attract or tempt by offering pleasure or advantage
For Part 3, please check out at: IELTS Speaking Part 3 Topic: TV Drama & Movies & Sample Answers
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (May – August) & Sample Answers - October 20, 2018
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!