In IELTS Speaking Part, you are certainly asked some Yes – No questions or whether you agree or disagree upon a specific topic.
Here are some variations to give you opinion (agree – disagree). There are many more, my suggestion is to choose those that you feel most comfortable with.
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Band 9 Sample – Topic: Describe an important plant in your country
- Band 9 Sample for Common IELTS Speaking Part 1 – Topic: Music
- Band 9 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 in 2019 – Topic: Describe an occasion that you wore formal clothes
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Sample: A time you invited family or friends to have dinner at home or restaurants
- Describe an occasion when you showed something new to younger people
Agreeing with an opinion
We use these words and phrases to agree with someone else’s point of view:
- You’re absolutely right.
- I couldn’t agree more
- Yes, I agree.
- I think so too.
- That’s a good point.
- I don’t think so either.
- So do I.
- I’d go along with that.
- That’s true.
- Neither do I.
- I agree with you entirely.
- That’s just what I was thinking.
Partially agreeing with an opinion
We can use these words and phrases to partially agree with someone else’s viewpoint:
- I see your point but…
- I see what you are getting at but…
- I go along with that view to a point, but…
- That’s one way of looking at it, however…
Disagreeing with an opinion
We use these words and phrases to disagree with someone else’s point of view:
- That’s different.
- (I’m afraid) I don’t agree with you.
- I see things rather differently
- You could be right, but…
- I’m not so sure about that.
- I agree up to a point, but…
- I’m not sure that I go along with that view…
- That’s not entirely true.
- On the contrary,…
- That’s an interesting idea, but…
- I don’t really agree with that idea..
- It’s unjustifiable to say that…
- Actually, as a matter of fact. I think..
- I’m sorry to disagree with you, but…
- That’s not how I see it.
- Yes, but don’t you think…
- That’s not the same thing at all.
- I’m afraid I have to disagree.
- I completely disagree.
- I must take issue with you on that.
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (May – August) & Sample Answers - October 20, 2018
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!