Describe a TV program that made you laugh a lot
You should say:
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you gave advice to others
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Sample: A time when you got up early
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Sample: A water sport you would like to try
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you found something someone lost
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Sample: An occasion when vehicle broke down
What it is called and what it is about
Who the main characters are
What made you laugh
And explain why you remember this TV program so well
Ok, I’m going to talk about “Friends”, obviously a very famous comedy series aired in the 90s, but it’s still very popular today.
There are six main characters in the sitcom: three girls (Rachel, Monica, Phoebe) and three boys (Ross, Joey and Chandler). The stories revolve around their work life and love life. Each of the characters has very distinct personality traits that make them unique, and I guess that’s one of the reasons why they’re funny.
For example, Rachel was born beautiful and rich, so apparently she’s got a lot going for herself, but she’s sometimes oblivious to problems of people who are less lucky. Monica, despite being very beautiful as an adult, struggled with obesity as a teenager, so you can imagine there’s always some competition going on between these two girls. Phoebe, on the other hand, seems like a weird but carefree person, so I guess she’s there to smooth things out for everyone. Anyway the director and producer managed to turn their rivalry and friendship into something that is quite intriguing to watch.
And as the story develops, their dynamics evolve; they’ve even become lovers, breaking up and making up. It’s hard to elaborate how funny it is and maybe some of the jokes are no longer appropriate today, but all in all it’s still worth a watch.
By Le Minh IELTS Band 8.5
Describe a TV programme which has made a strong impression on you. You should say:
What kind of TV program it was, e.g. comedy
When you saw the TV program
and explain why this TV program made such an impression on you
Describe a TV programme you have watched and would like to see again. You should say:
What the programme was about
When and where you watched it
What you liked/disliked about the programme
and explain why you would like to see the TV programme again
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Band 9 Sample – Topic: Describe an important plant in your country - June 8, 2019
- Band 9 Sample for Common IELTS Speaking Part 1 – Topic: Music - May 30, 2019
- Band 9 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 in 2019 – Topic: Describe an occasion that you wore formal clothes - May 30, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!