Describe a present you received which was made by hand
You should say:
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Band 9 Sample – Topic: Describe an important plant in your country
- Band 9 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 in 2019 – Topic: Describe an occasion that you wore formal clothes
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Sample: A time you invited family or friends to have dinner at home or restaurants
- Describe an occasion when you showed something new to younger people
- Describe a piece of information that you think is not correct
– what it was
– what it was like
– who gave it to you
– and how you felt about the present
I’m going to tell you about a sweet and romantic period of my life- my first boyfriend! I was 16 at the time and completely smitten (in love). Since neither of us worked at the time, we would always make each other gifts for special occasions, such as anniversaries, birthdays, or the holidays. I’ll tell you about one gift that I’ll never forget.
He made me a collage (art made with several cut up pictures) of all the stages of our friendship and relationship. He must have gone to a print shop to print out all these pictures that carefully cut them out and made a tasteful wall collage with them. The special part of the gift was that he formed the letters of our names out of pictures, Anna and Dave. I thought this was a really creative way to celebrate our love.
Looking back, this gift is a bit corny (foolish or not tasteful), but at that time I felt completely blown away (really happy and surprised) by it. We had been friends since we were children, so we had a ton of memories together. Furthermore, our relationship was 4 years long! I liked that he was thoughtful enough to put the effort into this kind of gift. Moreover, I felt really emotional looking at the way he told the story of our friendship that turned into love through photos. In conclusion, these sort of acts were the key to my heart as a teen girl!
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!