A Special Meal & Healthy Food: IELTS Speaking Part 3 Model Answer
- 1 Speaking Part 3
- 1.0.1 1 Describe what you think is a healthy diet.
- 1.0.2 2 Is it important to you to eat healthy food?
- 1.0.3 3 Are there many vegetarians in your country?
- 1.0.4 4 Why do you think some people choose to be vegetarians?
- 1.0.5 5 Is the food that people eat today in your country different from the food that people used to eat in the past? (if yes, in what ways has it changed?)
- 1.0.6 6 How do you think the way we eat will change in the future?
- 1.0.7 7 Is American-style ‘fast food’ popular in your country? (Why? Popular with whom?)
- 1.0.8 8 What do you think of this popularity- is it as good thing?
- 1.0.9 9 More and more people are becoming overweight nowadays. What do you think might be the causes of this?
- 1.1 Vocabulary For Speaking Part 3
In IELTS Speaking Part 3, to answer IELTS examiner’s questions in a natural and fluent way, you should focus on one idea only and then expand that idea into a long meaningful sentence using grammar patterns and vocabulary, which can help you get Band 8.0+ for IELTS Speaking.
Let’s practice it with some easy questions about a popular topic: a special meal and healthy food.
Speaking Part 3
1 Describe what you think is a healthy diet.
Developing a healthy eating habit isn’t as confusing or as restrictive as many people imagine. Personally, a healthy diet is the one which combines enough nutrients for one’s life. Therefore, consuming a rich variety of food is very important because eating a wide assortment of foods helps ensure that you get all of the nutrients, especially the disease-fighting potential that foods offer.
2 Is it important to you to eat healthy food?
Of course, yes! Just like you can’t put substandard fuel in a car and expect high performance, your body can’t function optimally if you eat poor quality foods. You have to treat your body like a temple.
3 Are there many vegetarians in your country?
Yes, they are. The number of people following vegetarianism has been increasing recently. It is thought that old people or those following a religious, like Buddhism, will be vegetarians; however, youngsters also join to the vegetarian community because of many reasons.
4 Why do you think some people choose to be vegetarians?
People become vegetarians for many reasons, including health, religious convictions, concerns about animal welfare or the use of antibiotics and hormones in livestock, or a desire to eat in a way that avoids excessive use of environmental resources. Some people follow a largely vegetarian diet because they can’t afford to eat meat. Vegetarianism has become more appealing and accessible, thanks to the year-round availability of fresh produce, more vegetarian dining options, and the growing culinary influence of cultures with largely plant-based diets.
5 Is the food that people eat today in your country different from the food that people used to eat in the past? (if yes, in what ways has it changed?)
Personally, eating style of most people has changed recently. Significantly, food hygiene is mentioned every day in the news. Therefore, people are very cautious when they choose ingredients in reliable market/supermarket and cook properly. Those fat-free or low-fat food and veggies are more preferred in daily meal compared to in the past, choosing food were mostly based on interests.
6 How do you think the way we eat will change in the future?
Yes, I do. I think people nowadays pay more attention to healthy food because the awareness of health has been raised among young and old people. Therefore, it will be a remarkable innovation in food consumption in the future.
7 Is American-style ‘fast food’ popular in your country? (Why? Popular with whom?)
Due to the trend of globalization, fast food has become more and more popular such as KFC, Lotteria, Burger King or Domino. Why are those brands popular in our country? The first cause is the needs of the modern community which have intensive activities. In a family, both husband and wife have a tendency to have a job. Consequently, they do not have enough time to cook and the frequency of eating out increases. Secondly, efforts of fast food restaurant companies to enhance the nutritional quality of their products and services are also the cause of their popularity.
8 What do you think of this popularity- is it as good thing?
The popularity of fast-food restaurants has certainly influenced some of the changes in the community. It brings benefits to this hectic life with its quick service and convenience place. Other than that, the increasing number of customers that come to restaurants became the reason for a greater number of restaurant staff to be needed and the demand for restaurant personnel made it possible for more people to consider work in a restaurant as an attractive option. With this said, there are many more entry-level job opportunities for people.
9 More and more people are becoming overweight nowadays. What do you think might be the causes of this?
One major consequence of eating fast food every day is excess calorie consumption. Most fast food contains calories from refined sugar and fats. It is also high in sodium from salt and other addictive substance which can cause someone to eat it more and more. Consuming more calories than human needs leads to obesity which causes some health problems such as hypertension, diabetes, heart disease and even cancer.
Vocabulary For Speaking Part 3
- Hectic : full of busy activity
Eg: He is having a very hectic schedule.
- Entry-level job : an entry-level job is at the lowest level in a company or organization
Eg: He got an entry level job after 5 yrs.
- Have a tendency for something: an attitude, habit, or situation that is starting to develop in a particular way
Eg: She has a tendency to make something special on the weekend.
- Nutritional quality: the inherent biological or health value of produce
Eg: While cooking, we should ensure that the nutritional quality doesn’t get spoiled.
- Hygiene: the practice of keeping yourself and the things around you clean, in order to prevent illness and disease
Eg: Sita was hygiene conscious
- Fat-free: containing no fat
Eg: She is having fat free foods.
- Veggie: a vegetable
Eg: The veggies were properly washed in water.
- IELTS Speaking Part 3
- IELTS Speaking tips
- Linking words for IELTS Speaking
- IELTS Speaking recent actual test
- IELTS Speaking topics
- Sports Vocabulary IELTS
- Work Vocabulary IELTS
- IELTS Speaking Part 3 Topics
- Idioms for IELTS Speaking
- IELTS Pronunciation Guide
- Common English words in IELTS Speaking
- Ough words