Check out Band 7.5+ Sample Answers by IELTS test-takers for one of the common topics in 2018 – Rain. For Band 9.0 Model Answers for all Part 1, 2, 3 topics in 2018, you can take a look at IELTS Speaking Actual Tests (January – April 2018) & Suggested Answers (Ebook)
1. Do you like rainy days?
Yes, absolutely! I love all the freshness around, the cool breeze after a heavy rain. It’s wonderful!
- Recent IELTS Speaking Exam in Peru – Feb 2019 with Band 9 Model Answers
- Recent IELTS Speaking Exam in Australia – May 2018 & Model Answers
- IELTS Speaking Part 1, 2, 3 Topic in 2018: Language & Model Answers
- IELTS Speaking Actual Test in India & Model Answers
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics & Questions 2017
2. What do you do on rainy days?
Well, rainy days are the best days to watch movies I have been longing to watch or catch up on my unfinished reading. Movies and books will make up my whole rainy day. Sometimes, I would rather spend with my pet and teach it new tricks.
3. Does it rain much in your country? (Where? When?)
As it is entirely located in the tropical belt, it receives quite a great amount of precipitation every year. However, the part that records the highest rainfall is the northern part. This region can also be affected by the typhoon season in the Western Pacific, which can see severe storms lashing the coast from August to November.
4. Is there any part of your country where it doesn’t rain much? (Where?)
In general, I guess the driest place might possibly be X, which is situated on the south-central coast. The weather there is quite extreme with a lot of wind as well as a hot and dry atmosphere during the year. Also, there is no winter here, and the average temperature is considerably higher than most other parts of the country.
5. Can you remember any time when it rained particularly heavily in your hometown? (When?)
Yes, of course. I suppose it was about a year or so ago, when we had several days of torrential rain, almost non-stop, and so the whole of my neighborhood got flooded. You know, the water was, like, up to my knees, and so the traffic came to a complete standstill. So, yeah, that was probably the worst time I can remember.
6. Does rain ever affect transportation in your hometown? (How?)
Yeah, for sure. As a matter of fact, rain often causes severe traffic congestion, especially when there is heavy downpour. People should expect to be stuck for hours in a traffic jam. I’m not exactly sure why, but it’s possibly because vehicles tend to move slower in the rain.
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (May – August) & Sample Answers - October 20, 2018
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!